Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Does anyone know what park Steel Phantom is goin 2

Does anyone know what park Steel Phantom is goin 2

ThrillSeeker

Posted:
4/12/00 at
12:35:51 PM

If anyone know what park Kennywood plans to sell its Steel Phantom coaster to please lemme know thanks A Coaster Lover

Re: Does anyone know what park Steel Phantom is go by Jim Disney at 4/12/00 1:35:34 PM

> If anyone know what park Kennywood plans to
> sell its Steel Phantom coaster to please
> lemme know thanks A Coaster Lover

From what I know, Kennywood does not plan on selling the Steel Phantom. The problem is that Steel Phantom is a very custom ride and can't be installed at any other park. However, if a park would like to buy this pain inducin beast, I think SFMM needs to buy it, along with Windjammer from Knott's, Drachen Fire from BGW and Manhattan Express from New York, New York in Vegas. Why do I say this?

Wellllll..... One of the people from the SCCC and myself had a great idea! We need to buy these coasters and install them around Psyclone and re-theme that area to "Painville". You could have little stands selling advil to the guests to keep them from falling over in pain. It's a great idea for all those sadistic types that like these kinds of coasters. hehehe

JD

The Southern California Coaster Club

Painville! And Other Stuff... by EBL at 4/12/00 4:25:07 PM

"Painville"! What a great idea! One good thing about bringing Manhattan Express to SFMM is that you will no longer have to pay $10 to ride it--though you'd probably spend that $10 at the Advil shop anyway.

Steel Phantom, as Jim said, is a custom-designed terrain coaster. Unless you have a hillside just like the one at Kennywood, there's no way you'd get the Steel Phantom set up. The same is true for rides like SFMM's Ninja, the Red Devil at Ghost Town in the Sky, Hercules at Dorney Park, etc., etc.

Eric

Re: How about Ghost Town in The Sky? by sparky sparky Profile at 4/12/00 6:23:20 PM

> If anyone know what park Kennywood plans to
> sell its Steel Phantom coaster to please
> lemme know thanks A Coaster Lover

It hit me like a bomb going off- Ghost Town in the Sky would be a PERFECT new home for the Steel Phantom. It already has the Red Devil- a custom O.D. Hopkins looper that dives off the top of the mountain. I'm sure the Steel Phantom's track could be made to fit and dive off the side of the mountain, accomodating the 225 ft drop and providing visuals even better than Kennywood's ravine.

Will Ghost Town do this? No. Is it a perfect ride for them to bring in the masses/business move? Yes. Perhaps we should call them and present the idea as I'm sure its owners don't even know what Kennywood is. Any Carolina Acers out there care to comment?

-sparky

Re: Does anyone know what park Steel Phantom is go by coaster 8 at 4/12/00 9:47:05 PM

From what I know, Kennywood does not plan on
> selling the Steel Phantom. The problem is
> that Steel Phantom is a very custom ride and
> can't be installed at any other park.
> However, if a park would like to buy this
> pain inducin beast, I think SFMM needs to
> buy it, along with Windjammer from Knott's,
> Drachen Fire from BGW and Manhattan Express
> from New York, New York in Vegas. Why do I
> say this? Wellllll..... One of the people
> from the SCCC and myself had a great idea!
> We need to buy these coasters and install
> them around Psyclone and re-theme that area
> to "Painville". You could have
> little stands selling advil to the guests to
> keep them from falling over in pain. It's a
> great idea for all those sadistic types that
> like these kinds of coasters. hehehe JD

i'd like to know why people think the phantom is so painful,i never experienced any pain on it.and what about this "headbanging"i never had that happen.are these people that think this ride is too painfull too frail or old or just out of shape?start lifting weights and get into shape so you can enjoy this great machine!!!!!

Re: Does anyone know what park Steel Phantom is go by ben at 4/12/00 10:33:39 PM

> From what I know, Kennywood does not plan on
> i'd like to know why people think the
> phantom is so painful,i never experienced
> any pain on it.and what about this
> "headbanging"i never had that
> happen.are these people that think this ride
> is too painfull too frail or old or just out
> of shape?start lifting weights and get into
> shape so you can enjoy this great
> machine!!!!!

And you better start lifting quick, 'cause you only have 4 or 5 months.. I agree, the Steel Phantom isn't that rough - especially after they just put in those new wheels or whatever. -ben