Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > My ride on Medusa

My ride on Medusa

Nagashima

Posted:
4/12/00 at
8:47:43 AM

Is it just me or is that zero-G Barrel Roll after the dive loop the best part? If you do not hold on to the restraints and let your arms and legs stick out you can really feel the G-Forces try to rip your body out of the harness!!

I love this ride

Naga

You are not alone:) NM by Masher at 4/12/00 11:22:47 AM

> Is it just me or is that zero-G Barrel Roll
> after the dive loop the best part? If you do
> not hold on to the restraints and let your
> arms and legs stick out you can really feel
> the G-Forces try to rip your body out of the
> harness!! I love this ride Naga

Re: Very happy the first Floorless is at SFGAd. by Raging Bull Fan at 4/12/00 5:41:09 PM

I hope SFGAd gets B&M,s record breaking hyper twister!

Very happy a floorless is at SFGAdv. by DarkRideDan at 4/12/00 8:59:58 PM

Dude! We have steel, and most of us are happy with what we have. Some of us other park patrons would like to be treated to something other than MORE steel. There is only so much that can be done in one generation with twisting and bending metal. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Two other Six Flags Parks near by offer steel hypers, along with other coasters with different elements from Great Adventure.

Maybe in a few years, a hyper-standup with tall camelbacks looking over the lake, and dive inversions rolling through the woods with lighting effects, skewing past midways and scenery, and special effects and music, and themeing, all would be nice. Be sure, if a big innovation in steel comes, the park may get involved.

I don't want to plonk you twice in one week Raging Bull. Some of us would be as excited if Rolling Thunder and the Runaway Train received thorough and quality paint, and the rest of a fourty million dollar investment went towards new shrubery through out the park and theming. You may call that an "off-year," improvement. Some of us would call this being responsible with our season pass and park entry investments. New steel will come, don't worry.

Anybody have any NEW ideas of what can be offered at the Park ? (I get so burned up with this talk of- "what's next!")

My name is DARKRIDE Dan ;)

> I hope SFGAd gets B&M,s record breaking
> hyper twister!

Zero-g-roll... by ben at 4/12/00 10:48:52 PM

> Is it just me or is that zero-G Barrel Roll
> after the dive loop the best part? If you do
> not hold on to the restraints and let your
> arms and legs stick out you can really feel
> the G-Forces try to rip your body out of the
> harness!! I love this ride Naga

Yes, I'd definitely agree that's the best part. I thought the effect was best in the back row, where you feel like your falling down to earth after you flip over. Some people say Kumba's roll is better, but I'd say Medusa is pretty darn good witht that inversion. -ben

Re: Zero-g-roll... by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/13/00 3:42:54 AM

Ben, repeat after me. "Medusa was better" , "Medusa was better" . Time for the truth to be told LOL.

Ed

Re: Very happy a floorless is at SFGAdv. by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/13/00 3:52:57 AM

Dan, I hate to say this but this twit may be satisfied before you are. I agree with you that much more should be done to existing rides than adding something new. Yet Premiere may push something new than rehabiliting the old for the sake of advertising. Yet Premier does not even understand that the date in shrubs is missed. They are clueless in that we miss certain things. Yet they are wise in that the GP will come back to GA no matter what.

ED

Re: Very happy a floorless is at SFGAdv. by Raging Bull Fan at 4/13/00 9:24:52 AM

> Dude! We have steel, and most of us are
> happy with what we have. Some of us other
> park patrons would like to be treated to
> something other than MORE steel. There is
> only so much that can be done in one
> generation with twisting and bending metal.
> Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Two
> other Six Flags Parks near by offer steel
> hypers, along with other coasters with
> different elements from Great Adventure.
> Maybe in a few years, a hyper-standup with
> tall camelbacks looking over the lake, and
> dive inversions rolling through the woods
> with lighting effects, skewing past midways
> and scenery, and special effects and music,
> and themeing, all would be nice. Be sure, if
> a big innovation in steel comes, the park
> may get involved. I don't want to plonk you
> twice in one week Raging Bull. Some of us
> would be as excited if Rolling Thunder and
> the Runaway Train received thorough and
> quality paint, and the rest of a fourty
> million dollar investment went towards new
> shrubery through out the park and theming.
> You may call that an "off-year,"
> improvement. Some of us would call this
> being responsible with our season pass and
> park entry investments. New steel will come,
> don't worry. Anybody have any NEW ideas of
> what can be offered at the Park ? (I get so
> burned up with this talk of- "what's
> next!") My name is DARKRIDE Dan ;)

Hey thx for the novel but I could care less about paint on rolling thunder. Put the damn racer back to its original profile than talk about painting it! Plonk? Um stop laughing at your own jokesss

Re: ED how bout I make a twit out of you? by Raging Bull Fan at 4/13/00 9:30:12 AM

> Dan, I hate to say this but this twit may be
> satisfied before you are. I agree with you
> that much more should be done to existing
> rides than adding something new. Yet
> Premiere may push something new than
> rehabiliting the old for the sake of
> advertising. Yet Premier does not even
> understand that the date in shrubs is
> missed. They are clueless in that we miss
> certain things. Yet they are wise in that
> the GP will come back to GA no matter what.
> ED

Well I have been very nice but you just started something..... Hope I see you at GA this weekend......than again you seem the type to SUE after I rearange your face!

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.