Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Knott's

Knott's

Hulkster

Posted:
4/12/00 at
2:46:41 AM

Hey, I'm planning a trip to magic mountain and another park during my spring break. I have been to disney land multiple times, and i really think it's a fun place to go, especially mixing it with the intensity of magic mountain. I also have been to Universal Studios twice. But I have heard from some people that Knott's Berry Farm is kind of a cheap park, like a fair. Is this true, because I haven't been there for a very long time, and if it's not I will definitely be going there too. Which park would you guys recommend going to after SFMM.

Re: Knott's by JAL at 4/12/00 3:29:19 AM

I don't no what you mean by cheap? I wouldn't say its like a fair. Actaully it has more Theming then SFMM. Its a small park compared to the others, but it packs alot of quality.

If you haven't been to it in a while, then you should go. Right now during Spring Break, it will probably be pretty crowded and a weekday visit would be a good idea. Saturdays can be a killer. The best days would be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.

Have Fun ;-)

Jim

Re: Knott's by Chainrider at 4/12/00 9:42:08 AM

> Hey, I'm planning a trip to magic mountain
> and another park during my spring break. I
> have been to disney land multiple times, and
> i really think it's a fun place to go,
> especially mixing it with the intensity of
> magic mountain. I also have been to
> Universal Studios twice. But I have heard
> from some people that Knott's Berry Farm is
> kind of a cheap park, like a fair. Is this
> true, because I haven't been there for a
> very long time, and if it's not I will
> definitely be going there too. Which park
> would you guys recommend going to after
> SFMM.

Well this fair has got the best woody around. Trust me, Knotts is MUCH more than a fair. Please go there, I guarentee a great time.

Mike

Re: Knott's by Mighty Mike at 4/12/00 10:53:15 AM

> I don't no what you mean by cheap? I
> wouldn't say its like a fair. Actaully it
> has more Theming then SFMM. Its a small park
> compared to the others, but it packs alot of
> quality. If you haven't been to it in a
> while, then you should go. Right now during
> Spring Break, it will probably be pretty
> crowded and a weekday visit would be a good
> idea. Saturdays can be a killer. The best
> days would be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday.
> Have Fun ;-) Jim

Agreed. SFMM is more like a fair when compared to KBF. Definetly go to Knotts!

Re: Knott's by Jim Disney at 4/12/00 12:10:51 PM

> Hey, I'm planning a trip to magic mountain
> and another park during my spring break. I
> have been to disney land multiple times, and
> i really think it's a fun place to go,
> especially mixing it with the intensity of
> magic mountain. I also have been to
> Universal Studios twice. But I have heard
> from some people that Knott's Berry Farm is
> kind of a cheap park, like a fair. Is this
> true, because I haven't been there for a
> very long time, and if it's not I will
> definitely be going there too. Which park
> would you guys recommend going to after
> SFMM.

If that's the case, Knott's is the best fair around. My question is who told you this? A Disney freak? I'll be honest with you, I love places like Disneyland, but Knott's Berry Farm has one of the most relaxed atmospheres of any theme park in the world. Some amazing roller coasters (Montezooma's Revenge, Ghostrider and one of the better kept Boomerangs), great food, friendly staff. It's a wonderful park. You have to make a run at it!

JD President of the SCCC and Defender of KBF! hehehe

The Southern California Coaster Club

another KBF plus by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 4/12/00 2:52:42 PM

Agreed. SFMM is more like a fair when compared
> to KBF. Definetly go to Knotts!

Another good point is that if you are going with someone who is not that into coasters there are plent of other things to do. KBF is (as far as theme parks go) a shopper's paradise, there are plenty of little shops to browse. And like someone else mentioned, the food is of good quality. SFMM is the kind of park where you want to just spend all day riding coasters, but KBF you can do a little bit of everything - the atmosphere is very laid back. Enjoy your trip!

KBF...a "cheap fair?" by EBL at 4/12/00 4:34:55 PM

Whoever told you that Knott's is a "cheap fair" either hasn't been there or doesn't know quality when they see it.

True, until Cedar Fair bought the park, they didn't have the capital to put in world record-breaking coasters and such. But what they did do they did well. And now that Cedar Fair is at the helm, well, you ain't seen nothing yet...especially if GhostRider is any indication of what's to come!

Go to Knott's and see for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Eric

Ha Ha Very funny..... by Masher at 4/12/00 6:32:25 PM

The comparison of KBF to a cheap faire is most certainly a "late April fools joke".