Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper!

BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper!

PINK FLOYD FANATIC

Posted:
4/12/00 at
2:28:50 AM

Did anyone see my post below asking about a possible hyper fot BGT? I haven't recieved a reply yet and since the messeg board gets filled up so quickly I decided to bring it up again! Is BGT planning a hyper next year or a standup? I say forget the standup since there are tons of loopers and NOT one really good airtime machime such as Magnum, RB or AC!! That is one type of coaster that all of Florida is lacking a good thrilling airtime machine! There may be some slight floating airtime on Gwazi but even that ride can run sluggish! Beside if a B&M hyper would ever get built at BGT they would probably dop a better job of dispatching the trains on it than Gwazi since they get a A+ in moving the Kumba and Montu lines and a F- in moving the Gwazi lines!! I haven't heard much lately on the 2001 ride and I hope its a hyper or better yet a giga coaster!! Did BGT get the zoning restrictions lifted?

PFF

Re: BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper! by Wendigo at 4/12/00 7:02:39 AM

> Did anyone see my post below asking about a
> possible hyper fot BGT? I haven't recieved a
> reply yet and since the messeg board gets
> filled up so quickly I decided to bring it
> up again! Is BGT planning a hyper next year
> or a standup? I say forget the standup since
> there are tons of loopers and NOT one really
> good airtime machime such as Magnum, RB or
> AC!! That is one type of coaster that all of
> Florida is lacking a good thrilling airtime
> machine! There may be some slight floating
> airtime on Gwazi but even that ride can run
> sluggish! Beside if a B&M hyper would ever
> get built at BGT they would probably dop a
> better job of dispatching the trains on it
> than Gwazi since they get a A+ in moving the
> Kumba and Montu lines and a F- in moving the
> Gwazi lines!! I haven't heard much lately on
> the 2001 ride and I hope its a hyper or
> better yet a giga coaster!! Did BGT get the
> zoning restrictions lifted? PFF

2001? Isn't that a little too soon for a new coaster at BGT? They normaly wait three years in between coasters, so I wouldn't count on a hyper in 2001. BTW PFF, have you ever been on Apollo's Charriot at BGW? Its truly an outstanding ride (my second favorite steelie after the Magnum) and I see understand your point for BGT getting a B&M hyper. -Wendigo

Re: BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/12/00 3:05:59 PM

2001? Isn't that a little too soon for a new
> coaster at BGT? They normaly wait three
> years in between coasters, so I wouldn't
> count on a hyper in 2001. BTW PFF, have you
> ever been on Apollo's Charriot at BGW? Its
> truly an outstanding ride (my second
> favorite steelie after the Magnum) and I see
> understand your point for BGT getting a B&M
> hyper. -Wendigo

I haven't rode AC yet but rode RB @ SFGAm which is my current #1 steelie ridden! In R/C magazine the transition on the first drop on RB looks sharper than AC's! RB works GREAT in the back seat which makes it easily the best steelie drop I have ridden!!:-) Does AC give ejector air in the back on the first drop?

PFF

Re: Forgot this! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/12/00 3:25:05 PM

> 2001? Isn't that a little too soon for a new
> I haven't rode AC yet but rode RB @ SFGAm
> which is my current #1 steelie ridden! In
> R/C magazine the transition on the first
> drop on RB looks sharper than AC's! RB works
> GREAT in the back seat which makes it easily
> the best steelie drop I have ridden!!:-)
> Does AC give ejector air in the back on the
> first drop? PFF

I guess I can wait until 2002 if I have to but not much longer! At 37 I am running out of years to enjoy my favorite hobby! I plan to ride coaster as long as I am healthy enough to do so but life goes by so fast now and I hope I would get plenty of years to enjoy a hyper at BGT since my parents lives about 2 hr form the park during the winter and my local park(Valleyfair) has a MUCH shorter season than the next closest major theme park (SFGAm)! So I need an airtime machine that I can enjoy during the winter when visiting relatives in FL! I also have a sister living near FT Lauderdale which is supposed to be getting a Coaster Works woodie but I haven't heard too much more about this ride! An RCT rendering with a shallow first drop makes that ride looks tame so I am also concerned about that too!

PFF

Re: BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper! by the thrill at 4/12/00 5:57:12 PM

> Did anyone see my post below asking about a
> possible hyper fot BGT? I haven't recieved a
> reply yet and since the messeg board gets
> filled up so quickly I decided to bring it
> up again! Is BGT planning a hyper next year
> or a standup? I say forget the standup since
> there are tons of loopers and NOT one really
> good airtime machime such as Magnum, RB or
> AC!! That is one type of coaster that all of
> Florida is lacking a good thrilling airtime
> machine! There may be some slight floating
> airtime on Gwazi but even that ride can run
> sluggish! Beside if a B&M hyper would ever
> get built at BGT they would probably dop a
> better job of dispatching the trains on it
> than Gwazi since they get a A+ in moving the
> Kumba and Montu lines and a F- in moving the
> Gwazi lines!! I haven't heard much lately on
> the 2001 ride and I hope its a hyper or
> better yet a giga coaster!! Did BGT get the
> zoning restrictions lifted? PFF

Their is a mention in their newsletter to annual passholders that "there is something big coming in 2001" I think this will happen as there is a space empty that is cleared in the park and it isn't the same space that is for the serengetti plain exhibit. Screamscape has a mention of this also. Nothing says you HAVE to wait 3 years before every new coaster. Aren't AC and Alpengeist less than 3 years apart? I know they tore down Drachen Fire but still you get my point.

Re: BGT NEEDS and airtime filled hyper! by junebugg junebugg Profile at 4/15/00 3:18:12 PM

> Does AC give ejector air in the back on the
> first drop? PFF

Yes! Back Left (to me) is the best seat especially on the third drop and on the 7th! :-)