Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 words!

BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 words!

Flare

Posted:
4/11/00 at
11:41:33 PM

Well...here it is...

http://scrollingtours.iwarp.com/images/Boulder/BOULDERDASH.html

Some pictures are about 200K, so be patient with the loads...they're worth it; trust me.

Just thought i'd put together a nice little picture show of what i think will be the new #1 nightime ride out there! :-)

Enjoy,

Dave *who hates trying to figure out html...lol*

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Jeff Tolotti at 4/12/00 12:06:40 AM

> Just thought i'd put together a nice little
> picture show of what i think will be the new
> #1 nightime ride out there! :-) Enjoy,
> Dave *who hates trying to figure out
> html...lol*

AWESOME job, Dave! Beautiful, beautiful ride. It's a shame it's an out and back ;)

Jeff

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Cal at 4/12/00 6:03:17 AM

AWESOME job, Dave! Beautiful, beautiful ride.
> It's a shame it's an out and back ;) Jeff

Wow! This looks like it will out-Raven Raven!

Cal

Awesome. (nm) by ben at 4/12/00 7:52:57 AM

> Well...here it is...
> http://scrollingtours.iwarp.com/images/Boulder/BOULDERDASH.html
> Some pictures are about 200K, so be patient
> with the loads...they're worth it; trust me.
> Just thought i'd put together a nice little
> picture show of what i think will be the new
> #1 nightime ride out there! :-) Enjoy,
> Dave *who hates trying to figure out
> html...lol*

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Flare at 4/12/00 9:42:21 AM

AWESOME job, Dave! Beautiful, beautiful ride.
> It's a shame it's an out and back ;) Jeff

lol...Thanks Jeff! And I'd love to see the look on your face when you ride...I think you'd become a believer.... Incidentally there are a couple nice lateral shifts on the bunny run back that i didn't really mention...particularly the 3rd hill back, i believe... They'll probably be real similar to the really trippy lateral jerks on Great Escape's Comet. I think this coaster, though not a twister, has it all.

Dave

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by sparky sparky Profile at 4/12/00 9:50:58 AM

> Well...here it is...
> http://scrollingtours.iwarp.com/images/Boulder/BOULDERDASH.html
> Some pictures are about 200K, so be patient
> with the loads...they're worth it; trust me.
> Just thought i'd put together a nice little
> picture show of what i think will be the new
> #1 nightime ride out there! :-) Enjoy,
> Dave *who hates trying to figure out
> html...lol*

Well, you've got my attention loud and clear. I suspected Boulder Dash to be quite an experience, but your pictures confirmed this may very well be the ride of the year, not just nightride. As for nightride, it'll be between it, the Legend, and even Son of Beast.

Boulder Dash to me is hard to define as an out and back, (even though it is obviously)- mainly because its track is anything but straight and predictable like other out and backs like Judge Roy Scream, Arkansas Twister, and even Shivering Timbers- Boulder Dash's twisted out side coupled with the sick double dipping turnaround has me completely changing my travel schedule around- thanks for messing up my travel plans! lol

-sparky

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Jim Disney at 4/12/00 12:35:14 PM

> Well...here it is...
> http://scrollingtours.iwarp.com/images/Boulder/BOULDERDASH.html
> Some pictures are about 200K, so be patient
> with the loads...they're worth it; trust me.
> Just thought i'd put together a nice little
> picture show of what i think will be the new
> #1 nightime ride out there! :-) Enjoy,
> Dave *who hates trying to figure out
> html...lol*

WOW!!! I mean.... WOW!!!

JD

The Southern California Coaster Club

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/12/00 1:04:06 PM

> Well...here it is...
> http://scrollingtours.iwarp.com/images/Boulder/BOULDERDASH.html
> Some pictures are about 200K, so be patient
> with the loads...they're worth it; trust me.
> Just thought i'd put together a nice little
> picture show of what i think will be the new
> #1 nightime ride out there! :-) Enjoy,
> Dave *who hates trying to figure out
> html...lol*

___________

WOW!! These are the best pictures by far I have seen of BD. This looks to be an intensive review of what air-time means! BD has definitely jumped up another notch in my book. I must get up to LC this summer. Awesome pics, thanks! --K

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Flare at 4/12/00 3:48:37 PM

___________ WOW!! These are the best pictures
> by far I have seen of BD. This looks to be
> an intensive review of what air-time means!
> BD has definitely jumped up another notch in
> my book. I must get up to LC this summer.
> Awesome pics, thanks! --K

Thanks alot, K!

The pictures aren't bad, but take my word for it, the views are MUCH more impressive in person...MAN...Never had a coaster view quite like this one. And as i've said, though the design layout is comepletely different, i'm betting that the feel of this ride will be somewhat like Ghostrider. We shall soon see! :-)

Dave

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Flare at 4/12/00 4:03:50 PM

Well, you've got my attention loud and clear. I
> suspected Boulder Dash to be quite an
> experience, but your pictures confirmed this
> may very well be the ride of the year, not
> just nightride. As for nightride, it'll be
> between it, the Legend, and even Son of
> Beast. Boulder Dash to me is hard to define
> as an out and back, (even though it is
> obviously)- mainly because its track is
> anything but straight and predictable like
> other out and backs like Judge Roy Scream,
> Arkansas Twister, and even Shivering
> Timbers- Boulder Dash's twisted out side
> coupled with the sick double dipping
> turnaround has me completely changing my
> travel schedule around- thanks for messing
> up my travel plans! lol -sparky

You forgot Boss for nightrides :-P Just thought i'd mess up your train of thought a little more...lol :-)

I think the greater New England area is becomimg one of the most potently concentrated hotspots for killer coasters in the country... you'd be crazy to not make this a destination for your coaster journeys this year, or next year at least; i say this mainly because i think the new #1 voted steel coaster will be right up the road in MA :-)...

Bottom line though is it's all good...everywhere!

I keep looking in the want ads for *Wanted: Rollercoaster Rider. Good Pay, and LOTS of ERT*...lol..

Dave

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/12/00 5:44:50 PM

> Well, you've got my attention loud and
> clear. I You forgot Boss for nightrides :-P
> Just thought i'd mess up your train of
> thought a little more...lol :-) I think the
> greater New England area is becomimg one of
> the most potently concentrated hotspots for
> killer coasters in the country... you'd be
> crazy to not make this a destination for
> your coaster journeys this year, or next
> year at least; i say this mainly because i
> think the new #1 voted steel coaster will be
> right up the road in MA :-)... Bottom line
> though is it's all good...everywhere! I
> keep looking in the want ads for *Wanted:
> Rollercoaster Rider. Good Pay, and LOTS of
> ERT*...lol.. Dave

I would have to agree! In fact, I'm making plans for next year as we speak. How far would you say Boulder Dash is from Superman? Is it a short or long drive?

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by sparky sparky Profile at 4/12/00 6:28:01 PM

I would have to agree! In fact, I'm making plans
> for next year as we speak. How far would you
> say Boulder Dash is from Superman? Is it a
> short or long drive?

Riverside and Lake Compounce are only about 75-90 minutes apart depending on traffic/speeding. Simply take I-84 east to Hartford and then I-91 north to Agawam. (that is from Lake Compounce to Riverside)

-sparky (who still calls Riverside Riverside and Geauga Geauga)

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by Jeff Tolotti at 4/12/00 7:23:39 PM

> Boulder Dash to me is hard to define
> as an out and back, (even though it is
> obviously)- mainly because its track is
> anything but straight and predictable

Yeah, the out side looks VERY good to me. It's the return that I think looks boring and way too out/back for my tastes. I'd much rather have seen it done some Fujiyama-style twisting hops slightly up the mountain or some tunnels through the ground...

Jeff

Re: BOULDER DASH!! If pictures were worth 1000 wor by ben at 4/12/00 10:44:42 PM

> I would have to agree! In fact, I'm making
> plans Riverside and Lake Compounce are only
> about 75-90 minutes apart depending on
> traffic/speeding. Simply take I-84 east to
> Hartford and then I-91 north to Agawam.
> (that is from Lake Compounce to Riverside)
> -sparky (who still calls Riverside Riverside
> and Geauga Geauga)

So close together, in fact, that it will be hard to resist making a trip up here. You could do both in one day, if you felt like it, but why would anyone squeeze them in like that? :)

Riverside will *always* be Riverside. The only other option would be for people to refer to it as "Six Flags" and that's just stupid. -ben Who's heading to DC and wants to visit Adventure World...