Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > URCer's Meet at Glass shop friday at 430 PKI

URCer's Meet at Glass shop friday at 430 PKI

CoasterFanatic

Posted:
4/11/00 at
10:43:58 PM

Im wondering how many people would be interested in meeting at the glass blowing shop at 4:30 friday evening.

It would be nice to meet you all and dont forget to bring your cameras

Chuck

Re: URCer's Meet at Glass shop friday at 430 PKI by swOHman at 4/11/00 11:11:41 PM

> Im wondering how many people would be
> interested in meeting at the glass blowing
> shop at 4:30 friday evening. It would be
> nice to meet you all and dont forget to
> bring your cameras Chuck

I don't know if you want to hang around some 16 year old kid, but I'll meet you there. Where is the glass blowing shop again? Will the park gates be open at 4:30?

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (PKI in 3 days)

FYI: Glass shop has changed locations by IslandCOAST at 4/12/00 12:46:08 AM

Just a note, but the glass shop is now in a different location this season. Not sure where though. Thought I would point that out to avoid confusion.

Re: URCer's Meet at First shop right side PKI by CoasterFanatic at 4/12/00 5:21:16 AM

I don't know if you want to hang around some 16
> year old kid, but I'll meet you there. Where
> is the glass blowing shop again? Will the
> park gates be open at 4:30? swOHman a.k.a.
> Brian (PKI in 3 days)

Yea lets all hook up at the First shop on the right side of the fountain, just behind the mens room. If i can remember it, Ill be wearing a STAMPIDA hat.

Chuck who remembers 16 and hanging with the younger generation is cool too!

Re: URCer's Meet at First shop right side PKI by Rob Lec at 4/12/00 8:24:56 AM

> Yea lets all hook up at the First shop
> on the right side of the fountain, just
> behind the mens room.

Sounds good to me, if I can get the family to go along. But actually I had planned on being in line for the Action Zone at 4:30.

Last year that first shop was a Scooby Doo souvenier shop I think...

Rob, whose son is nearly 16.

Re: URCer's Meet at First shop right side PKI by SOBecki at 4/12/00 8:39:34 AM

I would love to meet you guys - but due to prior engagments I am unable to make opening weekend at PKI (I'm just glad this SOB isn't opening this weekend or I'd really be in trouble).

Maybe next time - It would be nice to meet you all.

SOBecki

Re: FYI: Glass shop has changed locations by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/12/00 9:31:27 AM

The glassblowers shop has been moved to the opposite end of International Street. It traded places with the "convenience" shop. The building in which the glassblower used to reside now houses a shop with sundries such as film, tylenol etc.

Just in front of the shop you are speaking of is now the ACE plaque. The PKI reps indicated it would be embedded into the concrete by this weekend.

Shaggy

So where should we meet? by swOHman at 4/12/00 4:25:50 PM

> Just a note, but the glass shop is now in a
> different location this season. Not sure
> where though. Thought I would point that out
> to avoid confusion.

Should we meet at where the glass blower shop is now or where it used to be?

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (2 Days!!!)

BTW did anyone see the weather report?!!!!!!!! by swOHman at 4/12/00 7:47:36 PM

We are going to have the two warmest days of the year so far in the Dayton/Cincy area on Friday and Saturday!!! Also there is no rain in the forcast!!! Just thought you'd like to hear some good news. (Well for us Ohioans anyway)

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (2 Days!!!!)

Meet at the first shop on the right by Rob Lec at 4/12/00 7:49:19 PM

> Should we meet at where the glass blower shop is
> now or where it used to be? swOHman a.k.a.

Meet at the first shop on the right, whatever it is (behind the mens room). Izzat Okay with everyone?

-Rob (who will try to be there but may be in line for DZ or F/O)

Re: URCer's Meet at Glass shop friday at 430 PKI by swOHman at 4/12/00 11:04:32 PM

> Im wondering how many people would be
> interested in meeting at the glass blowing
> shop at 4:30 friday evening. It would be
> nice to meet you all and dont forget to
> bring your cameras Chuck

To help you recognize me I will describe myself somewhat. I'm about 6' 3" and about 280 lbs. (I'm not fat I'm just big-boned LOL). I have a shaved head and will most likely be wearing a green polo shirt and khaki pants.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (see you guys in 2 days!!!)

Re: So where should we meet? by CoasterFanatic at 4/12/00 11:54:02 PM

Should we meet at where the glass blower shop is
> now or where it used to be? swOHman a.k.a.
> Brian (2 Days!!!)

Lets meet where it used to be, by the mens restroom just to the right of the park!

Ill be the big oaf with the only Stampida hat in the park! and I dont know when they will open the gate so ill be there within a minute or two after they open the main gate!

Note! The park will not open its ropes till promptly at 5pm, I dont know if they are allowing the season pass walkback to Action Zone or not Friday so we will disembark about 10 till 5 or send a scout to check! { Probably my brother! :)~)

Chuck

Re: Meet at the first shop on the right by CoasterFanatic at 4/12/00 11:59:59 PM

Meet at the first shop on the right, whatever it
> is (behind the mens room). Izzat Okay with
> everyone? -Rob (who will try to be there
> but may be in line for DZ or F/O)

Hey bud just run over there real quick when they open the gate.

Thats the place!

Chuck wearing a Stampida Port ADvetura Spain hat

Hope to meet some of you from this nice group of posters.

Thanks Eric for maintaining some rules!