Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > favorite PKI flat ride

favorite PKI flat ride

Raptor Timmy

Posted:
4/11/00 at
8:43:14 PM

I know they don't have many left but what they have are fun. I like Viking Fury but I must admit I like CP's smaller Ocean Motion better. Shake& Rattle and Roll is fun too.

Re: favorite PKI flat ride by swOHman at 4/11/00 9:52:21 PM

> I know they don't have many left but what
> they have are fun. I like Viking Fury but I
> must admit I like CP's smaller Ocean Motion
> better. Shake& Rattle and Roll is fun
> too.

I also like Viking Fury- back seat on the water side. I also like Shake Rattle and Roll, and the Monster (especially if I can really get the car spinning). The flying Eagles are a great break from the extreme excitement and from what I have heard it is one of the most well kept flying scooters out there. Well thats my 2 centimes. (Thats the French unit of money that is like our cents for those of you who didn't know.)

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (PKI in 3 days!!!!)

Re: favorite PKI flat ride by CoasterFanatic at 4/11/00 10:01:45 PM

> I know they don't have many left but what
> they have are fun. I like Viking Fury but I
> must admit I like CP's smaller Ocean Motion
> better. Shake& Rattle and Roll is fun
> too.

Are you kidding, the flyers are the best ride in the park, and one of the few good ones left

Chuck

Oh yea thats right PKI does have flat rides...... by Iceman at 4/11/00 10:06:47 PM

I agree with you whole heartidly that PKI needs more flat rides. I could give up a new coaster for a year if they would put in 3-4 flat rides. I would have to say my favorite flat ride at PKI is either the Shake Rattle and Roll or the Flying Eagles. Just gotta love to snap the cables. As far as all time favorite flat rides I would go with Chaos. Those are tons of fun. Happy Coastering!!!

Iceman

Re: Oh yea thats right PKI does have flat rides... by joe(PCW) at 4/11/00 11:13:19 PM

> I agree with you whole heartidly that PKI
> needs more flat rides. I could give up a new
> coaster for a year if they would put in 3-4
> flat rides. I would have to say my favorite
> flat ride at PKI is either the Shake Rattle
> and Roll or the Flying Eagles. Just gotta
> love to snap the cables. As far as all time
> favorite flat rides I would go with Chaos.
> Those are tons of fun. Happy Coastering!!!
> Iceman

I Didn't know this until Shaggy told me, but after his visit to PCW, he said this park has the most flat rides of any other paramount park. I thought it was PKI. It does seem so, because PCW has a giant enterprise and a giant stand up wheel, A looping starship and a huss pirate. aswell as a bayerns curve,spider,wave swinger and more. Not including kiddie land there is about 13 large flat rides. Unless PGA has more , i dont know. It would be nice to see PKI invest in the new type of that huss condor, a topspin, and some others.

Re: Oh yea thats right PKI does have flat rides... by sparky sparky Profile at 4/12/00 10:11:20 AM

I Didn't know this until Shaggy told me, but
> after his visit to PCW, he said this park
> has the most flat rides of any other
> paramount park.

Shag's most certainly correct. Off the top of my head:

PKD has: Intamin Looping Starship, Scrambler, (new) Chance Aviator, Zierer Wave Swinger, and Flying Scooters- tis all for flat rides.

PKI has: Monster, Scrambler, Huss Troika, Flying Scooters, ZiererWave Swinger, Intamin (huge) swinging ship.

PCAR has: Schwarzkopf Enterprise, Schwarzkopf Bayern Kurve, Zierer Wave Swinger, and Intamin Looping Starship

PCW has: all that was mentioned in previous post

PGA has: Intamin looping starship, schwarzkopf bayern kurve, schwarzkopf calypso, not sure on rest..do they still have their flight commander, scrambler, and troika?

so yes, Paramount Parks are VERY low on flat rides, but personally, I couldn't care less- as for giving up a coaster for 3-5 flat rides? No. At least, not for me. The Phoenix at Knoebel's probably has a higher capacity with dual train op than all of PKD's flat rides combined.

-sparky

Flat rides cheap and boaring by Mike at 4/12/00 12:59:10 PM

I hate them, I dont even go to fairs. To go around and around and around again, and ok once again and maby one more time, followed by oh the same thig again. Um it dont really rattle my sesnses. If anything it gets me a tad dizzy. Ill give up not 3 but 10 flat rides for one good coaster. I get off them and never really have a smile, more like a ok. Whers a coaster. If free fall rides are consider flat rides, thats about the only ones I sorta like. I dont give offense to anyone who digs them. Some people like diffrent things. But I just dont. I wouldnt mind "or rather" I point out in my opinion" rather go to a park with all coasters, and no flat rides at all. I do thow love theme rides" Like at Epcot, Where you learn things, and see all these special effects. Or like the classic haunted house at the Magic Kingdom.

if you consider it a flat, james bond 007 by rufus at 4/12/00 7:39:11 PM

I dont know if you can consider it a flat ride, but i like it. It is more of a movie theater with moving seats. User Submitted Picture

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.