Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFNE Cyclone- New Trains, but also tamed 1st drop

SFNE Cyclone- New Trains, but also tamed 1st drop

sparky sparky Profile

Posted:
4/11/00 at
7:35:34 PM

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up earlier by New England posters, but apparently the Riverside Cyclone has received modifications to its first drop. If anyone can elaborate, I would greatly appreciate it. I fear that the double drop of the first drop has been modified into one long sweeping drop- I hope not.

This ride's first drop in its original design (as of last year) is the most intense I have ever experienced. The second hill being lowered did nothing to take away from the ride IMO, but if the first drop was tamed, I'm afraid even PTC trains won't save it from flopping out of my top ten.

-sparky

Re: SFNE Cyclone- New Trains, but also tamed 1st d by Coasterdude at 4/11/00 7:41:17 PM

Where did you here this from? That is a great first drop, and I can't believe that they would change anything about it. Please post if you find out anymore on this.

-Coasterdude

YES and NO (but mostly NO....) by ben at 4/11/00 10:34:40 PM

> Where did you here this from? That is a
> great first drop, and I can't believe that
> they would change anything about it. Please
> post if you find out anymore on this.
> -Coasterdude

The drop was retracked (&reprofiled a bit?) for the '99 season, and they might've done a bit more for the 2000 season - we'll have to wait and see. As for the whole drop being torn apart and rebuilt, that is not the case. Ok, you can let your pulse get back to normal now. Now about those trains, I've been assuming all along that these are gonna be two bench trains with racheting lap-bars, alla Roar or Twister - is that correct? -ben

Re: YES and NO (but mostly NO....) by sparky sparky Profile at 4/12/00 10:15:56 AM

Now about those trains, I've
> been assuming all along that these are gonna
> be two bench trains with racheting lap-bars,
> alla Roar or Twister - is that correct? -ben

Yes- the trains will consist of six four seater articulated cars with ratcheting lapbars/seatbelts. I haven't seen them yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see headrests as well. We can hope, but I doubt that PTC has finally learned to tighten the springs on their ratchting bars alla Timber Wolf and Texas Giant. I think the trains from 1998 on (from Shivering Timbers and Rampage right on through Knoebel's Twister) are very loose and almost require an endurance test to keep them in place if you ride with arms up.

-sparky