Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > CP's 2001 Coaster

CP's 2001 Coaster

Mike

Posted:
4/11/00 at
5:26:19 PM

I know this topic has been discussed to death, but CP will be getting a B&M Floorless coaster for 2001. The coaster will be painted bright orange with green supports and will be located near Mean Streak and go behind Camper Village along the shore. It will feature 11 inversions, and here they are:

1 - Cobra Roll (2 inversions) 1 - Batwing (2 inversions) 2 - Corkscrew (interlocked) 2 - inline twists 1 - Inclined Loops 1 - Loop 1 - New climbing Loop

The ride will also feature a high-speed helix towards the end. The lift will be 136 feet with boosters (like Hulk) at the top. Nearly half of the ride will be enclosed! The lift hill is going to be located North of Mean Streak and go northwest to the shore then a bank drop will send it right back in the direction it came from into a loop and then banking over the station into a batwing and then the new climbing loop. The ride will travel very near Gemini and will be the 2nd longest ride at CP, 2nd to Millennium Force. For more information, please stay tuned. Thanks

User Submitted Picture

FlightCommunity.Com

Huh? Where did this info come from? by ACEFURIOUS at 4/11/00 5:37:38 PM

> I know this topic has been discussed to
> death, but CP will be getting a B&M
> Floorless coaster for 2001. The coaster will
> be painted bright orange with green supports
> and will be located near Mean Streak and go
> behind Camper Village along the shore. It
> will feature 11 inversions, and here they
> are: 1 - Cobra Roll (2 inversions) 1 -
> Batwing (2 inversions) 2 - Corkscrew
> (interlocked) 2 - inline twists 1 - Inclined
> Loops 1 - Loop 1 - New climbing Loop The
> ride will also feature a high-speed helix
> towards the end. The lift will be 136 feet
> with boosters (like Hulk) at the top. Nearly
> half of the ride will be enclosed! The lift
> hill is going to be located North of Mean
> Streak and go northwest to the shore then a
> bank drop will send it right back in the
> direction it came from into a loop and then
> banking over the station into a batwing and
> then the new climbing loop. The ride will
> travel very near Gemini and will be the 2nd
> longest ride at CP, 2nd to Millennium Force.
> For more information, please stay tuned.
> Thanks

Re: hahahaha by Raging Bull Fan at 4/11/00 5:39:15 PM

whatever!

Re: I doubt it. by Jman at 4/11/00 5:40:53 PM

First off, I highly doubt CP will have the money to build a new coaster next year...maybe a new flat ride. CP usually builds a new coaster every 2 years. It's just hard to keep constantly building things like this. Maybe for 2002. I think it would be cool for CP to get a floorless, but I'd like to see a nice high-airtime woodie put in next.

Jman

Re: hahahaha by ACEFURIOUS at 4/11/00 5:42:03 PM

> whatever!

Come on, at least entertain him.......don't you know he is really Jim Blackie!! :)

Re: CP's 2001 Coaster by Unknown at 4/11/00 6:49:48 PM

Maybe i'm dumb but what is a climbing loop

Re: hahahaha by Raging Bull Fan at 4/11/00 7:10:56 PM

Come on, at least entertain him.......don't you
> know he is really Jim Blackie!! :)

LOL!

Re: hahahaha by Mike at 4/11/00 8:02:00 PM

A climbing loop is like a diving loop. There is no coaster (that I know of) that has this. That is why I said a "new" climbing loop element.

Anyway, I'm not Jim Blackie, but I "would" bet the ranch that you'll see a floorless in the 2001 season. Not to mention that PKI will be getting atleast 1 coaster for 2001, Cedar Point must add a coaster to hold the count record. The money doesn't matter. Where do you think we got the 48 million to renovate the Hotel, Marina, and build Millennium Force?

Re: Hey Mike I have a question-PLEASE reply! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/12/00 2:42:51 AM

> A climbing loop is like a diving loop. There
> is no coaster (that I know of) that has
> this. That is why I said a "new"
> climbing loop element. Anyway, I'm not Jim
> Blackie, but I "would" bet the
> ranch that you'll see a floorless in the
> 2001 season. Not to mention that PKI will be
> getting atleast 1 coaster for 2001, Cedar
> Point must add a coaster to hold the count
> record. The money doesn't matter. Where do
> you think we got the 48 million to renovate
> the Hotel, Marina, and build Millennium
> Force?

As mentioned earlier did you see blueprints for this ride? Where did you get the info? Also isn't Medusa and Kraken taller than the ride you've mentioned? I know that this design you've mention breaks the inversion record but even with a launch lift 135 feet seems too short when compared to the other floorlesses out there!

PFF

Re: CP's 2001 Coaster by Stephen at 4/12/00 3:37:48 AM

> I know this topic has been discussed to
> death, but CP will be getting a B&M
> Floorless coaster for 2001. The coaster will
> be painted bright orange with green supports
> and will be located near Mean Streak and go
> behind Camper Village along the shore. It
> will feature 11 inversions, and here they
> are: 1 - Cobra Roll (2 inversions) 1 -
> Batwing (2 inversions) 2 - Corkscrew
> (interlocked) 2 - inline twists 1 - Inclined
> Loops 1 - Loop 1 - New climbing Loop The
> ride will also feature a high-speed helix
> towards the end. The lift will be 136 feet
> with boosters (like Hulk) at the top. Nearly
> half of the ride will be enclosed! The lift
> hill is going to be located North of Mean
> Streak and go northwest to the shore then a
> bank drop will send it right back in the
> direction it came from into a loop and then
> banking over the station into a batwing and
> then the new climbing loop. The ride will
> travel very near Gemini and will be the 2nd
> longest ride at CP, 2nd to Millennium Force.
> For more information, please stay tuned.
> Thanks This all seems very possible if CP didn't take out a loan for MF or Breakers Express, because if you think about it these two additions could bring in a lot of money to the park, especially since breakers is a 350 room hotel w/ rates starting at 100, thats about 350,000 a night atleast because everyone that has tried to get a room knows how booked they can be. Although I highly doubt the coaster will come out in 2001, and the design, I agree w/ the location but i think it will be taller than 136 feet because CP will try and go for all the records they can, as they always do, plus even with a launch at the top of the lift you can't have all of the elements you talk about it having. If they ever do add this coaster, in this location, don't expect it in 2001, I'd guess 2002. If they do plan on adding it at all, let alone for 2001, I won't believe it until I hear it from them. Even though they will probably have enough money to add it next yr., they will probably just take a yr. off and add a few small flat rides if anything and catch up on their money situation. Just to let everyone know, I will be at the Point May 7 for the AAA day, if you would like a full review of MF then e-mail me at baseballb2@aol.com -Stephen

I dought it! But would like to see it by Mike at 4/12/00 1:08:57 PM

I think after there blast in 2000, I dought that the'll do much more than concentrating on the little things next year. Maby a added little water something or a flatey, as I call it. But that at the most. If they add anything more it would suprise me. I look at proably 2002, Before were looking at a new one.

Re: Hey Mike I have a question-PLEASE reply! by Mike at 4/12/00 7:00:28 PM

As mentioned earlier did you see blueprints for
> this ride? Where did you get the info? Also
> isn't Medusa and Kraken taller than the ride
> you've mentioned? I know that this design
> you've mention breaks the inversion record
> but even with a launch lift 135 feet seems
> too short when compared to the other
> floorlesses out there! PFF

Well, it will have boosters at the top of the lift. Here, i'll describe the layout a little better from the meeting i was at:

The lift will start near Gemini and go northwest up the 136 foot lift. It will hit the boosters around 110 feet and turn right around on a banked drop into what "should" be the largest loop in the world (of course CP does not exactly know specs of other rides for 2001). The ride will reach 76mph and from what I heard might actually hit another short booster run. The only problem they have is keeping the seperation correct, which shouldn't be hard now-o-days :-)

Expect to see a out-n-back CCI woodie along the Lake for 2002; along with the boardwalk project!

Re: Hey Mike I have also another question for you! by PINK FLOYD FANATIC at 4/14/00 12:13:55 AM

> As mentioned earlier did you see blueprints
> for Well, it will have boosters at the top
> of the lift. Here, i'll describe the layout
> a little better from the meeting i was at:
> The lift will start near Gemini and go
> northwest up the 136 foot lift. It will hit
> the boosters around 110 feet and turn right
> around on a banked drop into what
> "should" be the largest loop in
> the world (of course CP does not exactly
> know specs of other rides for 2001). The
> ride will reach 76mph and from what I heard
> might actually hit another short booster
> run. The only problem they have is keeping
> the seperation correct, which shouldn't be
> hard now-o-days :-) Expect to see a
> out-n-back CCI woodie along the Lake for
> 2002; along with the boardwalk project!

How big will this 2002 woodie be? I hope ir will be BIGGER and MUCH MUCH better quality than so-called airtimeless "Mean" Streak! I rode tha boring ride back in 1991 when it opened and it was braked to death! Magnum was a MUCH better ride and this new woodie need to be a Shivering Timbers type woodie since that is my all time favorite coaster ridden!!

PFF

Re: Hey Mike I have also another question for you! by Coasterr at 4/14/00 3:58:21 PM

I hope ir will
> be BIGGER and MUCH MUCH better quality than
> so-called airtimeless "Mean"
> Streak! I rode tha boring ride back in 1991
> when it opened and it was braked to death!

Mean Streak only had mid-course brakes when it first opened!

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.