Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Getting the Bugs Out

Getting the Bugs Out

Ken Williams

Posted:
4/11/00 at
4:36:13 AM

1. I've just read a sampling of your posts and found that some of them are just as spiteful as before the message board went on the fritz. Clean it up or Eric might have to play principal again. 2. It is true that sometimes rides appear to exist in a vacuum. Placing a 54" restriction on a ride which has similar dynamics and same cars as a coaster which has a 48" requirement seems unusual and motivated by additional factors. 3. Millennium Force and Son of Beast! Wouldn't it be nice if the technicians could pull an all nighter to get these things open? 4. Rumor and speculation abounds. I think most of us would like to see the latest things open up nearby. We might reach a saturation on this issue. Perhaps the major theme parks will start to concentrate on more esoteric things like employees, flat rides, and more enjoyable queues. Maybe I'm asking too much. They can do better at humoring their guests while they do the most dreaded of things,Waiting in line! 5. All these new coasters will inevitably have lots of down time at first. These bugs will let us continue to ride last year's dinosaurs. 6. Goliath is real fun except for the helix. Sustained heavy G's are not fun!

Ah the population just gets bigger and bigger by Mike at 4/11/00 8:03:30 AM

I think most of us would like to
> see the latest things open up nearby. We
> might reach a saturation on this issue.
> Perhaps the major theme parks will start to
> concentrate on more esoteric things like
> employees, flat rides, and more enjoyable
> queues. Maybe I'm asking too much. They can
> do better at humoring their guests while
> they do the most dreaded of things,Waiting
> in line! 5. All these new coasters will
> inevitably have lots of down time at first.
> These bugs will let us continue to ride last
> year's dinosaurs. 6. Goliath is real fun
> except for the helix. Sustained heavy G's
> are not fun! Im not a big susutained G fan, either , but it has to be for a long period of constat, force on my bodey. Your eyes actually get dark, or everything does, and I think thats what is said gettig close to blackeing out. But I only get that on stand up ones, and only certain ones. I never got it on Outer limits, Batman, or the beast or any other high, said to be high in G's. Siting under are over the bars. As far as lines theme parks are getting more popular, and the population is getting much larger. So there is nothing except realy makeing huge parks, or makeing better lines. Supposualy PKI hasnt used alot of there acrage yet. The need to. I think part of that is trying to leave the beast, in the woods on its own. But it has alot of room it hasnt used. Alot of other parks dont.

Re: Sustained heavy g's by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/11/00 8:50:10 AM

>6. Goliath is s real fun
> except for the helix. Sustained heavy G's
> are not fun!

Ahh comrade, this is EXACTLY why I cannot wait to ride Goliath. To me, the thought of some ACTUAL significant forces on a new rollercoaster is a wonderful thought. Sustained heavy g's sound (and feel) good to me!! --K