Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > BGW New coaster started possibly??

BGW New coaster started possibly??

Tim

Posted:
4/10/00 at
9:54:27 PM

I was at BGW on Apr 2. I was crowed do to the fact that the had a bunch of"(fill in the bank) Days". However, noticed that the area to the left of AC's lift was cleared. The area that was cleared is pretty big. Me being from PA and seeing the land clearing for the new Lightning Racer, it looks exactly the same. Anyone else see this??? let me know Guana2003@aol.com - Tim

Re: BGW New coaster started possibly?? by Jeff Tolotti at 4/10/00 10:06:43 PM

> I was at BGW on Apr 2. I was crowed do to
> the fact that the had a bunch of"(fill
> in the bank) Days".

Crowded? Apollo was a station wait.

> However, noticed
> that the area to the left of AC's lift was
> cleared.

You probably should have noticed the mile of bridges and roadwork, too. It's for the entrance to the park off I-64 and has been under construction for over two years. It is not for a new coaster. The road was supposed to have been completed already but will not open for another year.

Jeff

Re: BGW New coaster started possibly?? by miguel at 4/11/00 12:01:10 PM

Crowded? Apollo was a station wait. You
> probably should have noticed the mile of
> bridges and roadwork, too. It's for the
> entrance to the park off I-64 and has been
> under construction for over two years. It is
> not for a new coaster. The road was supposed
> to have been completed already but will not
> open for another year. Jeff BGW will get a dual woodie next year.It will be where the brewery is at now.This plant will be torn down to make way for the dual woodie with different tracks.The coaster will also feature a tunnel,that will have the trains enter at different ends of the tunnel.

Re: BGW New coaster started possibly?? by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/11/00 11:55:59 PM

The brewerey is getting torn down for a coaster?! Hmmn, I'll believe THAT when I see it. --K

Re: BGW New coaster started possibly?? by Jeff Tolotti at 4/12/00 6:20:14 PM

> The brewerey is getting torn down for a
> coaster?! Hmmn, I'll believe THAT when I see
> it. --K

You already have! Except in Tampa :)

BGW has gotten no height clearance as of now. They are required to submit proposals to James City County for any structure over 60' tall.

Jeff