Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SOB MIGHT BE OPEN ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!

SOB MIGHT BE OPEN ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!

excited4SOB

Posted:
4/10/00 at
5:52:53 PM

Check out this link from the dayton daily news website!!!! http://www.activedayton.com/partners/ddn/epaper/editions/today/metro_1.html It says that pki officals will be having a meeting to see if SOB is going to be open on friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOB ARTICLE!!

The paper has to be wrong..... by Unknown at 4/10/00 7:50:18 PM

The Dayton Daily News Which ran the story must have miss heard Jeff Siebert (Park spokesman) During there interview.....Son Of Beast May Be finished by friday but open......Not a chance The Ride still has to complete primary Safty Tests That includes a drag threw, an empty run, A Run with water filled dummies and then They can start the state Safty inspections...This is at least a 1 1/2 week process if not longer...So i wouldn't expect to see Sonny loading People for about two weeks

Re: SOB MIGHT BE OPEN ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! LOOK AT THI by CoasterFanatic at 4/11/00 12:46:57 AM

> Check out this link from the dayton daily
> news website!!!!
> http://www.activedayton.com/partners/ddn/epaper/editions/today/metro_1.html
> It says that pki officals will be having a
> meeting to see if SOB is going to be open on
> friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

' I seen this article early this morning and it is totally misleading to the public. SoB will not be open this comming weekend and at best testing will start friday. as the steel track has yet to be laid on many sections of the ride.

work is progressing quickly when weather permits. but i don't think its safe to say that it will be open on the 21st weekend either. but call the park to find out, thats what they are there for.

Pretty certain SoB will be open for the season passholder nights of the 25-26th but i would go with the notion that new rides brake down alot and you still might not get a ride. example season pass day for stealth at PGA was held and Stealth required a part that the park could not get in time to get it running for that day.

The rides are totally safe, just minor electrical glitches and bugs, Its bound to happen and has happened on almost every new rollercoaster built.

Chuck, awaiting my first view of the entire ride on friday.

I thought it was the 26th and 27th? by swOHman at 4/11/00 4:32:47 PM

I thought the season pass days were on the 26th and 27th not the 25th and 26th. Correct me if I'm wrong.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian p.s.- I will also get my first up close look at SOB on Friday!!!!! (its going to be sunny with the high of 74!!!)

They are the 26th & 27th ! (nm) by acer at 4/11/00 8:34:00 PM

> I thought the season pass days were on the
> 26th and 27th not the 25th and 26th. Correct
> me if I'm wrong. swOHman a.k.a. Brian p.s.-
> I will also get my first up close look at
> SOB on Friday!!!!! (its going to be sunny
> with the high of 74!!!)