Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Any SOB Pics from 4/8?

Any SOB Pics from 4/8?

RedRacer

Posted:
4/10/00 at
3:19:35 PM

Just wondering if anybody had their pics ready from the PKI visit on 4/8?Some new photos will tide me over till this Friday when I can't wait to view it in person!

Re: Any SOB Pics from 4/8? by Buckeye Dave at 4/10/00 5:12:51 PM

Check these sites out:

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/7332/

http://welcome.to/midwestcoastercentral

Re: Any SOB Pics from 4/8? by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/10/00 5:20:37 PM

I have some great photos that turned out really well. 68 to be exact of which 30 are bright enough to post.

I have spent about 3 hours so far scanning them. I hope to post several tonight. It is a time consuming task.

The construction tour attendees were very lucky. We were able to get photos of Sonny from angles unseen from the park. The design of Sonny is very clever in that the ride is about 80% hidden from view. Much like the Beast.

Shaggy

Re: Awesome pics! by hi at 4/10/00 8:43:20 PM

> Just wondering if anybody had their pics
> ready from the PKI visit on 4/8?Some new
> photos will tide me over till this Friday
> when I can't wait to view it in person!

Son of Beast (4.09.00)

Re: Awesome pics! Second hill Primed!!!!! by CoasterFanatic at 4/11/00 1:04:21 AM

Thanks for the pictures Clayton, you answered a couple questions i had about the ride in two pics!!!!

The first was, after seeing the drawings of the trains I had summed up that the seats would be at or near track level and not above as in most woodies.

The second and most important for ride smoothnes!

The second hills turn is primed!!! In railroad turns this is a short stint in the oposite direction entering a turn to help the train track better.

If you look at the pic, It clearly shows the track vearing to the left of the structure as it enters its right hand turn a crusial element missing in Mean Streaks design.

If this works and eliminates the extream vibration forces that were once prevelent on Mean streak, will cedar point redo mean streak to make it the ride it was supposed to be?

Also Sob will have a polyurethane strip down the center of each wheel to reduce skipping and vibration.

Chuck, who is glad new technology is avalible for the monster woodies!

Re: Mean Streak by Rob Lec at 4/11/00 7:24:37 AM

> a crusial element missing in Mean Streaks design.
> If this works and eliminates the extream vibration
> forces that were once prevelent on Mean
> streak, will cedar point redo mean streak to
> make it the ride it was supposed to be?

I'd say don't count on it. MS is nearly 10 years old ... in some parks, a ride that old could be slated for removal (wink). And it still draws plenty of riders; the line is typically an hour wait dispite its reputation. I don't think CP would make any significant changes to this ride, unfortunately.