Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Villain and SUE trains on track at SFO

Villain and SUE trains on track at SFO

ray p.

Posted:
4/10/00 at
9:57:07 AM

Well, the two Villain trains have been placed on the track at SFO. The Red train is currently in the loading area while the green/gray train is sitting on the transfer track (where it will most likely spend a lot of time on busy days!). The Superman Ultimate Escape train is also on the track with seats in place. Testing is bound to begin soon. No more track pieces for BKF are present in the parking lot, so I assume that the ride is completed. There is a LOT of work still to be done- i.e. Looney Tunes Boomtown and the Batman Thrill Spectacular. Hurricane Harbor will not open until Memorial Day weekend, so they do have some extra time to spare with those attractions. Also, according to a schedule I picked up at a local Giant Eagle store, July 22 and 23rd will be a large group outing at the park so "Expect large attendance". Think I'll be staying away from the park that weekend! And September 10th, some company called Progressive Insurance bought the park for their company picnic. Gee.... lucky me- I work at Progressive......

Not much else to report- there's only 25 days till Opening Night. Can't wait!

ray p.

SFO: A Refreshing Look

Two Trains Operation - or Not! by Kevin Reid at 4/10/00 11:46:53 AM

Ray, thanks once again for the update. I wonder why they even bother buying two trains for their coasters? The first time I saw that happen was last may at SFDL when Predator was pretty busy and the second train was sitting on the transfer track. Did the old Geauga lake run a both trains policy even if the park was not busy? I guess I am just spoiled by Paramount.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

SFDL's Predator User Submitted Picture

PCW Junkies On Ride Photos of Fear

Re: Two Trains Operation - or Not! by ray p. at 4/10/00 1:01:24 PM

> Ray, thanks once again for the update. I
> wonder why they even bother buying two
> trains for their coasters? The first time I
> saw that happen was last may at SFDL when
> Predator was pretty busy and the second
> train was sitting on the transfer track. Did
> the old Geauga lake run a both trains policy
> even if the park was not busy? I guess I am
> just spoiled by Paramount. Regards, Kevin
> Reid SFDL's Predator

Even in the pre-Premier era of Geauga Lake, multi-train operation was a rarity. Big Dipper usually had one train going, even on busy weekends, as did Rotting Wolf Bobs. Last season, I saw two train operation on the Double Loop (of all rides) for the first time in years. Serial Thriller is the only ride I have seen with a pretty consistent two-train operation...... but when you only have a 3-person crew handling it, dispatch times were terrible. Heck, even the monorail (Parkview Express) only uses one train on weekdays- and there's always a line for it!

Villain having two trains sounds promising, but I can't say for sure yet what they will do with them. I have a strange feeling we'll be waiting in an hour-plus line, boarding the red train and seeing the other sitting idle on the transfer track. Jeff T. said BKF has three trains. If I ever see all 3 trains running, I'll be stunned. Of course, SUE only has one train for obvious reasons. Can't wait to see the capacity on that one!

You can expect an Opening Night trip report- good or bad- from me once I return from the park that night. Should be very interesting!

ray p.