Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGAdv Lines

SFGAdv Lines

Stan

Posted:
4/10/00 at
1:08:25 AM

How were the lines at Six Flags Great Adventure? Particuaily the lines for season pass processing, Batman the ride and Medusa's line.

Also has anyone gotten their coupon books yet? what coupons are in there, and how many coupons are there? Thank You.

SFGAdv Lines were fast by DarkRideDan at 4/10/00 9:15:18 AM

Stan, I needed to leave the park early on opening day. Rerides were easy. Lines between 10a.m. and 3p.m. were walk-ons and almost non-existent. Medusa trains were tested with ghost-riders every few cycles, roughly through 10:30am. Ops. were getting themselves used to working with the system and a real life crowd, and working with maintenence ops. It was still a short cue.

Batman was not open before noon. I opted to stay away, since I hop on one b&m in a day's visit. The line extended out into Gotham City Park. The cue in the "city streets" may not have opened. This may have been a shorter line than it appeared.

Thirteen rides (exluding in Bugs Bunny Land & the smaller rides in Looney Tunes Sea Port) had not opened during the time of my visit, (including The Parachutes and the Sky Way, and possibly a closure of Dare Devil Dive, though it might have been a crowd that didn't go for that sort of thing that day. We had been experiencing some 50 mph winds. Three more opened and had closed later in the day. Or anotherwords, 23 big rides were open at somepoint, leaving plenty to do, and all of the game centers and eateries, and most of the stores and shopes were open and a show at Showcase Theatre was being performed. The parking lot remained more then half-empty, and you would have had most walkways to yourself, if you like the movie star/ runway feeling, with people sitting on the benches looking at you :-)Sometimes, it felt like I had the whole park to myself, and the ability to meet and greet everybody whom I had passed. The Safari was also pretty empty (and I am now starting to remember that you don't have to sit in line waiting to buy a ticket, if you already have a pass to get it.. ;-) There were more animals in each species than I ever remember seeing.

You may have your pass processed in the trailers between Medusa and the Northern Star Arena. All five or six computers were empty when I arrived, while the line at the Lakefront stretched to the Cartoon Cafe'. If you have not had your pass processed, you will receive your coupon book at the same time of processing (at the Frontier Adventures Processing Center anyway) Maybe a bad training staff or middle management causing the miscommunication of the second processing center,(but that is the style of big corperations today) ;-) It does take individuals who stick out their neck to run anything successfully..

However, the rest of the staff seemed friendly (and maybe nervous)...and I remembered that this is not a facility opened year-round, and that this is not a trip report ;-)

> How were the lines at Six Flags Great
> Adventure? Particuaily the lines for season
> pass processing, Batman the ride and
> Medusa's line. Also has anyone gotten their
> coupon books yet? what coupons are in there,
> and how many coupons are there? Thank You.

Re: SFGAdv Lines were fast by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/10/00 11:29:35 AM

The only lines I experienced was around 3 to 4 PM at Skull Mountain and BTR. otherwise, the longest other line was at Pendulum and that was a 2 ride wait. I did have an hour and a half wait since we had a walk back to the Scream Machine as we were determined to do Greta First for the season. It took maintenance until 11:30 AM to get it going but remember this was by choice and Greta was only made operational this past Thursday. Most of the group left and only 4 of us stayed, while the rest decided to go ride.

The coupon book is almost the same as last year, but with the addition of Wok and Roll the new chinese eatery, (thats the building going up by Skull Mountain and Chippys fish and Chips, which has not taken over Andres yet. You have a bring a friend free through June 30th, save $10 on Mother s Day and Fathers Day, Bring a friend for $10 this spring and september, buy a one day, get another 1 day free and a half price Hurricane Harbor coupon.

ED

Re: SFGAdv Lines were fast by Stan at 4/10/00 11:45:50 AM

Was Medusa running all 3 trains?

Re: SFGAdv Lines were fast by ACEMEMBER at 4/10/00 11:46:07 AM

> Stan, I needed to leave the park early on
> opening day. Rerides were easy. Lines
> between 10a.m. and 3p.m. were walk-ons and
> almost non-existent. Medusa trains were
> tested with ghost-riders every few cycles,
> roughly through 10:30am. Ops. were getting
> themselves used to working with the system
> and a real life crowd, and working with
> maintenence ops. It was still a short cue.
> Batman was not open before noon. I opted to
> stay away, since I hop on one b&m in a day's
> visit. The line extended out into Gotham
> City Park. The cue in the "city
> streets" may not have opened. This may
> have been a shorter line than it appeared.
> Thirteen rides (exluding in Bugs Bunny Land
> & the smaller rides in Looney Tunes Sea
> Port) had not opened during the time of my
> visit, (including The Parachutes and the Sky
> Way, and possibly a closure of Dare Devil
> Dive, though it might have been a crowd that
> didn't go for that sort of thing that day.
> We had been experiencing some 50 mph winds.
> Three more opened and had closed later in
> the day. Or anotherwords, 23 big rides were
> open at somepoint, leaving plenty to do, and
> all of the game centers and eateries, and
> most of the stores and shopes were open and
> a show at Showcase Theatre was being
> performed. The parking lot remained more
> then half-empty, and you would have had most
> walkways to yourself, if you like the movie
> star/ runway feeling, with people sitting on
> the benches looking at you :-)Sometimes, it
> felt like I had the whole park to myself,
> and the ability to meet and greet everybody
> whom I had passed. The Safari was also
> pretty empty (and I am now starting to
> remember that you don't have to sit in line
> waiting to buy a ticket, if you already have
> a pass to get it.. ;-) There were more
> animals in each species than I ever remember
> seeing. You may have your pass processed in
> the trailers between Medusa and the Northern
> Star Arena. All five or six computers were
> empty when I arrived, while the line at the
> Lakefront stretched to the Cartoon Cafe'. If
> you have not had your pass processed, you
> will receive your coupon book at the same
> time of processing (at the Frontier
> Adventures Processing Center anyway) Maybe a
> bad training staff or middle management
> causing the miscommunication of the second
> processing center,(but that is the style of
> big corperations today) ;-) It does take
> individuals who stick out their neck to run
> anything successfully.. However, the rest
> of the staff seemed friendly (and maybe
> nervous)...and I remembered that this is not
> a facility opened year-round, and that this
> is not a trip report ;-)

There was NO line for my season pass behind Medusa. Then when I went to Lakeside there were like 50+ people getting their passes!! Talk about poor communication!!!

Re: SFGAdv Lines were fast by ACEMEMBER at 4/10/00 11:52:59 AM

> Was Medusa running all 3 trains?

Yes!!

Re: SFGAdv Lines by DR PEPPER at 4/11/00 4:33:36 AM

> How were the lines at Six Flags Great
> Adventure? Particuaily the lines for season
> pass processing, Batman the ride and
> Medusa's line. Also has anyone gotten their
> coupon books yet? what coupons are in there,
> and how many coupons are there? Thank You.
>I was there in Sept. for Coaster Celebration and the lines were fine(except for brand-new Medusa,of course)