Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: Worlds of Fun (4-8-00)

TR: Worlds of Fun (4-8-00)

Dustijn Hollon

Posted:
4/10/00 at
12:21:34 AM

I'll first list what I rode and a little bit about how they were running, and then I'll tell the story of the loser of the week.

Autobahn (1 Ride) The Bumper car ride was running pretty good, they need more cars out though

Le Carousel (1 ride) Only rode it because it was one of two rides open, because it was so cold in the morning

Boomerang (10 rides) The worst color scheme ever.[fire orange track, yellow supports, pink train with teal and green stripe, striped station roof with purple and green] The only good part is the gave the Zinger queue a face lift and themed the photo booth for the ride to Africa.

Mamba (8 rides) I love this ride. The best seat is the front seat of the last car. Mostly is because you can put your feet against the front and when you go down the first hill you feel like you're standing up. For an added thrill hold your legs in a "tuck position" going down the first hill, you feel like you'll fly out. Quite the rush. Also night rides are a must on this ride

Orient Express (2 rides) Happy 20th to you! The coaster got some much needed attention during the off season, however it's still kinda rough. I think once it breaks in the new paint job it will get a little smoother. IMHO I'm just glad to see it running again.

Timber Wolf (2 rides) This 11 year old was running like a bat out of hell. No brakes on the first drop! It felt so out of control. The way a woodie is supposed to run. Air time galore...just watch out for the lap pirates, they'll try to push that lap bar down as far as they can. Ouch!

Detonator (1 ride) We did the arms and legs out thing on this, and you know I'm almost bored with this ride. WoF needs a turbo drop in a bad way.

Cyclone Sam's (1 ride) One of the few THEMED rides at Worlds of Fun. This ride is always a must ride. It's just so different

Fjord Fjairlane (1 ride) Rode this Big Top ride only because my brother dared me to. Yawn to the 10th power

Finnish Fling (1 ride) I swear Rotor rides always make me dizzy...walked like a drunk after getting off of it

Sea Dragon (1 ride) Because rude people cut in front of us, we got crummy seats. Hated the ride

Bamboozler (1 ride) This Roundup ride is a lot of fun.

Rockin'Reeler (1 ride) A boring Musik Express. TAER it out!

I think that's it...now time to vent

Things that need to be improved 1. Turn on the themed music! 2. Run more than one train on coasters 3. Smile, the employees were VERY RUDE 4. Don't lie to me! I hate being lied to

Stories While eatting our PB&J lunches we had a wonderful dinner theatre. We witnessed a black guy trying to break into a car. He was looking around all suspisous looking. Then came the DPS and tackled him. It was a lot of fun to watch...especially with coasters in the background

The Orient Express is SCREAMING. It's new wheels cause a screaching noise as they go around the track. I now call it the Screamin' Demon

Also it really urked me that none of the coasters opened before noon. It wasn't warm enough. I've NEVER heard of anything like that before.

Well that's it. Will probably go back again soon Lines were small there that Saturday.

Dustijn

There are temperature restrictions at PKI....... by Iceman at 4/10/00 1:16:47 AM

Glad to hear that you had a great time. After hearing you explain the color scheme of the boomerang it does sound pretty ugle. As far as coasters being closed because of cold it happens at PKI to. Infact on saturday all but two of the coasters didn't open because of the cold weather. I am not sure what the breakdown of temperature restrictions are but I do know that steel coasters have to have a higher temperature than wooden coasters. Next time I am at work I will ask and report back to you on what it is. Happy Coastering in the year 2000!!!

Iceman

Re: : Worlds of Fun (4-10-00) by Dustin at 4/10/00 8:03:11 AM

april 10, On Kansas city's Channel 9 morning show the they were talking about the orient express and its accident back in July and Rick Rue said that this year is going to be a year of stafty a Worlds of fun . He was talking about how they do inspections on the rides and how they walk the tracks on all of the coaster's. When they were talking the oreint they were showing video of it . That thing Is LOOKING GOOD THIS YEAR!

Re: There are temperature restrictions at PKI..... by Dustijn Hollon at 4/10/00 9:22:07 AM

Yes it's kinda ugly. However I got on the 3rd public train ever. That's almost braggin' rights.

:)

Dustijn

Re: Maybe ugly, but did you like it.... by CoastaPlaya at 4/10/00 10:25:57 AM

> Yes it's kinda ugly. However I got on the
> 3rd public train ever. That's almost
> braggin' rights. :) Dustijn

....or have you already done Boomerangs to death? If you had to choose between the Boomerang and CP's 3-loop Corkscrew, which would you choose?

-CPlaya

Re: Maybe ugly, but did you like it.... by Dustin at 4/10/00 10:45:54 AM

....or have you already done Boomerangs to
> death? If you had to choose between the
> Boomerang and CP's 3-loop Corkscrew, which
> would you choose? -CPlaya

Cedar points Corkscrew all the way ! the boomerang would have been cool if they would have stop at th 10th copy of it .

Re: Maybe ugly, but did you like it.... by Dustijn Hollon at 4/10/00 10:54:35 AM

Well the first three times it was quite the rush. Sit in the back seat for the maximum effect. You just keep going up backwards and then they release you and its like OH $H!T and then when they release you to go backwards, it really catches you off guard.

BTW This was the second Boomerang I've ever been on, the other was at KBF

and FTR I'd take Boomerang over Corkscrew. WoF used to have one, and I'd take Boomerang over it anytime, takes up less space and has a greater thrill factor.

Chow Dustijn

Nominees for WORST FRAUDULENT POST are.... by CoastaPlaya at 4/10/00 11:07:43 AM

> ....or have you already done Boomerangs to
> Cedar points Corkscrew all the way ! the
> boomerang would have been cool if they would
> have stop at th 10th copy of it .

...a guy with so little attention to detail he couldn't spell his victim's NAME right!!! LOL!!!!!

-CPlaya

Re: Nominees for WORST FRAUDULENT POST are.... by Dustijn Hollon at 4/10/00 11:29:13 AM

...a guy with so little attention to detail he
> couldn't spell his victim's NAME right!!!
> LOL!!!!! -CPlaya

Huh? There are TWO Dustins

Dustijn Hollon (yes there is a "j" in my name) and Dustin Hutchinson

Both WOFFA members :)

Re: Oops! Sorry, Dustin! (without the 'j') by CoastaPlaya at 4/10/00 1:36:54 PM

> ...a guy with so little attention to detail
> he Huh? There are TWO Dustins Dustijn
> Hollon (yes there is a "j" in my
> name) and Dustin Hutchinson Both WOFFA
> members :)

Sorry 'bout that...I thought you were someone else impersonating Swoosh/DETN8R/Dustijn H.

But can you provide a little more detail on why you disliked ther Boomerang? Have you already done them to death? Is the ride disappointing in some way or another? Or is a standard 3-loop corkscrew awe-inspiring in some way I know nothing about?

-CPlaya

Re: Oops! Sorry, Dustin! (without the 'j') by Dustijn Hollon at 4/10/00 2:42:08 PM

He can't comment cause he didn't get to got this weekend. I think he was just speculating.

Dustijn

Re: There are temperature restrictions at PKI..... by Brenton at 4/10/00 5:18:49 PM

> Yes it's kinda ugly. However I got on the
> 3rd public train ever. That's almost
> braggin' rights. :) Dustijn

That's weird- I was on the third public train too. Sort of funny.