Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFGAdv TR for 4/8

SFGAdv TR for 4/8

comet3506

Posted:
4/9/00 at
11:06:00 PM

Well it was great to be back at the park after the long winters break. Almost got into a brawl before I even got into the park cause some lady rammed me with her stroller telling me to move out of her way. Yeah the line cutters were there in force lol. Any way walked back to GASM to find it closed so I kicked of my season with dino island. Pretty good simulator/3d ride. Then walked over to Rolling thunder. I enjoyed my first coaster ride of the season. I felt the right side has improved a little. Rode that twice. Ran into Kieth and walked with him. Medusa had a small problem so we got out of line. Just as we did it started back up. Ran into Matt Smith and several others. Hit Blackbeards train, pretty good, got rid of the motor on the second hill. Hit skull mountain. Had a great back seat ride. Still my favorite non hyper non looping steel lol. After that saw that chiller red had saddled. Decided to hit Batman. Still running very intense. Had a great time on that, wish I could have ridden on it more. Ate at grannies. Good as usual. Did the ferris wheel and hudini. Hudini was making a horrible clicking sound. Also ran into Matt S (matt) working in line. Great to meet him. Then hit Top Spin and loved it. Very disoreinting and fun. my new favorite flat. Did dino island again, finally ran into mike (coaster mike) in line. Was great to hang out with kieth and mike. We then hit RT again. Did blackbeards one more time. Decided to disband from the group to go to Medusa cause I wanted to leave before the weather got bad. Medusa was running slow. It was fun to ride it, but really got nothing out of it. I hope it starts running better. In line for medusa ran into two people from SFNE. THey told me that SROS isn't gonna open till june because of some part that they need. I don't know if they were lying or what just reporting the facts that they told me. After medusa left so I could for the most part avoid the rains. Got to my house and the sky opened up.

All in all a good day. Alot of breakdowns But it didn't bother me. Great to see everyone again and meet new faces. You all know who you are. Glad the season has finally started

One final note Decided to talk to the guy at the Dippin Dots stand. He let me in on what is going in next year. Well he said 5 coasters for next year! And some new prototype ride. Something like an LIM looping suspended log flume 300 feet tall. That is going to be one hell of a ride. HeHeHe Well hope you enjoyed reading.

comet

Re: SFGAdv TR for 4/8 by Coaster Rob at 4/10/00 5:59:11 PM

Decided to talk to the guy at the
> Dippin Dots stand. He let me in on what is
> going in next year. Well he said 5 coasters
> for next year! And some new prototype ride.
> Something like an LIM looping suspended log
> flume 300 feet tall. That is going to be one
> hell of a ride. HeHeHe Well hope you enjoyed
> reading. comet

the dippin dots employees strike again... dont ever belive these people

Re: SFGAdv TR for 4/8 by ben at 4/10/00 7:44:23 PM

> Decided to talk to the guy at the the
> dippin dots employees strike again... dont
> ever belive these people

Not only that, but don't buy Dippin Dots at all! lol taste the chocolate flavor with your eyes closed, you can't even tell it's chocolate. What happened to ice cream?? Anyway... great TR John! I wish I could've been there at gadv. (might be there on good friday, if things work out). What's this about Superman at SFNE missing a part??? Sounds like a silly rumor, but you've got me worried no less. -ben

Re: SFGAdv TR for 4/8 by comet3506 at 4/10/00 9:23:28 PM

Not only that, but don't buy Dippin Dots at all!
> lol taste the chocolate flavor with your
> eyes closed, you can't even tell it's
> chocolate. What happened to ice cream??
> Anyway... great TR John! I wish I could've
> been there at gadv. (might be there on good
> friday, if things work out). What's this
> about Superman at SFNE missing a part???
> Sounds like a silly rumor, but you've got me
> worried no less. -ben

The part about the rumors that I got at the dippin dots stand is definitely false. I made it up as a joke that some of us had last year here on URC. Some might have gotten it. Anywho, Ben, I have no clue about the SFNE info I was given by thier employees. I doubt that it is missing anything. But they just told me that it was gonna open late due to some part they had to order from germany. I wouldn't worry about it for the time being atleast.

comet

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.