Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFFT (SuperMan ride was down all day Saturday)

SFFT (SuperMan ride was down all day Saturday)

Victor

Posted:
4/9/00 at
10:34:43 PM

My wife and I went to SFFT and took some freinds. We told them all about the Superman ride, and how great it was. I was upset to see one of the trains stuck in the boomerang part of the coaster. I hope they have it running now. Does anybody know if they have it running. They blamed it on the wind and said it didn't have enough momentum to make it through that part of the ride. Nobody was stuck on the train. It was during the early morning testing.

Re: SFFT (SuperMan ride was down all day Saturday) by Superman Krypton Ryan at 4/9/00 10:58:51 PM

The ride is up and running. I can tell you that the ride or the park are in no way to blame for this. It was an empty car that was hit by a 50mph wind head on in the middle of the Cobra Roll. The ride will no test with sand bags to keep this from ever having the chance to happen again.

Superman Krypton Ryan

Re: SFFT (SuperMan ride was down all day Saturday) by Victor at 4/10/00 9:21:46 AM

> The ride is up and running. I can tell you
> that the ride or the park are in no way to
> blame for this. It was an empty car that was
> hit by a 50mph wind head on in the middle of
> the Cobra Roll. The ride will no test with
> sand bags to keep this from ever having the
> chance to happen again. Superman Krypton
> Ryan

I was really upset. I was really wanting to ride that coaster 100's of times (i know that isn't possible in a day). So that is the Cobra Roll. I was wondering what each part was. That is what (I think was a manager) said. I would ride in it while they test it. :) I did ride DirTwister for the first time. My wife and best friend got me on it. Boy, does that thing hit you with some G forces. Think it gave me a headache.