Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Best Kept Secrets?

Best Kept Secrets?

O-High-O

Posted:
4/9/00 at
6:45:03 PM

Yes, I believe that Adv. Exp. @ PKI is the best kept secret at the park. I think it is the best non-Disney mine train in the world. Though the ending is, well how you say, bad, it is a running gag for a drop that never was. Fog, tunnels, (the closeness to SOB), and the fun factor, I like it better than some other coasters at PKI (not gonna mention any names b/c I don't want controversy). At night, WOW! What is the best kept secret at your favorite, home, or any park?

Re: Best Kept Secrets? by Rob Lec at 4/9/00 7:01:51 PM

> Yes, I believe that Adv. Exp. @ PKI is the
> best kept secret at the park. I think it is
> the best non-Disney mine train in the world.

I agree. We really like to ride A/E just at nightfall, especially if the fog is working, which seems to be rare anymore. They usually have floodlights glaring in your face at that point for the on-ride photo's (yuck). The cool mist used to be especially refreshing at the end of a hot day. Also like the tunnels unless they forgot to turn off the work lights, but otherwise the effect are pretty good, dispite the cheesy ending.

Its a great "first real coaster" for kids... smooth enough for just about anybody but still has some good laterals and speed, almost as good as Thunder Mountain. Front car is best IMO.