Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster?

What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster?

Gwazi15

Posted:
4/9/00 at
6:01:35 PM

What's ur favorite Scenery/Effect to a coaster? I Have 3, I Like the Outer Limits: Flight of Fears light dimming effect and Batman: The Ride's fogging effect and Mr. Freezes little Track Shifting thing before u blast out. I've never been on Alton Tower's Nemises but the Theming there looks breathtaking! Tell everybody ur fav scenery/effects.

Re: What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster? by ACEMEMBER at 4/9/00 6:26:46 PM

> What's ur favorite Scenery/Effect to a
> coaster? I Have 3, I Like the Outer Limits:
> Flight of Fears light dimming effect and
> Batman: The Ride's fogging effect and Mr.
> Freezes little Track Shifting thing before u
> blast out. I've never been on Alton Tower's
> Nemises but the Theming there looks
> breathtaking! Tell everybody ur fav
> scenery/effects.

I personally love the Alpengeist theming. Nothing beats flying through ski buildings and other objects! Also, the giant cobra roll over the lake is spectacular. I think that next to Disney, Busch Gardens coasters and themes are the best. Anyone ever see the Loch Ness monster theming or when you go through the tunnel and get misted? Lots of fun. Lastly, I do like the Batman Theming at six flags great adventure (the Queue Line that is). That is pretty cool.

Re: What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster? by swOHman at 4/9/00 6:28:22 PM

> scenery/effects.

I love the tunnel on the Beast's final helix. The second time it goes through I always put my hands down because I swear I'm going to get my hands chopped off LOL.

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (who can't wait until Friday night and Saturday)

P.S.- That is PKI's opening days

Re: What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster? by Coaster 3:16 at 4/9/00 7:06:25 PM

> scenery/effects.

I have two that really stand out for me. One is Volcano: The Blast Coaster after you do the back-flip out of the top of the mountain, you turn and get an awesome view of the rest of the park.

But my favorite views are on the Great Bear at Hersheypark. First the helix at the top of the lift, right above a turn on the flume, and then on the turn after crossing the creek is the infamous "kick the sooperdooperlooper". I was warned of it before riding GB for the first time, sat in a far right seat for my first ride (where the effect is best), knew exactly when it was coming, and it still scared the daylights out of me. After riding GB hundreds of times, I still try to kick the sdl every time I get a far right seat. Truly an amazing sight gag.

- Coaster 3:16 hastd

Re: What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster? by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 4/9/00 10:49:07 PM

I personally love the Alpengeist theming.
> Nothing beats flying through ski buildings
> and other objects! Also, the giant cobra
> roll over the lake is spectacular. I think
> that next to Disney, Busch Gardens coasters
> and themes are the best. Anyone ever see the
> Loch Ness monster theming or when you go
> through the tunnel and get misted? Lots of
> fun. Lastly, I do like the Batman Theming at
> six flags great adventure (the Queue Line
> that is). That is pretty cool.

One that has always stood out to me is Big Bad Wolf at BGW. I like the effect of greater speed produced by flying so close to the buildings. It is far better than Ninja at SFMM. And the plunge down to the lake at the end is a great end to the ride.

Nemesis by Cal at 4/10/00 6:27:09 AM

Nemesis' setting really makes the ride. It's a good intense inverter in any case, but the themeing just takes it that bit further. It's set in an artificial gorge, with a red (blood?) waterfall flowing down the side. Nemesis itself is an alien monster and there are fake sections of track which resemble limbs. At one point you almost collide with the station before being whisked up into an in-line twist. It's also one of the few (or maybe evem the only) B&M inverters not to have a loop as the first element. It doesn't even have much of a drop - just a short, gentle slope straight into a corkscrew. Then there's the twist, and then the loop, then finally another corkscrew to finish. Great ride.

Cal

Re: What's Ur Fav Scenery/Effect to a coaster? by Gwazi15 at 4/10/00 3:17:01 PM

> I personally love the Alpengeist theming.
> One that has always stood out to me is Big
> Bad Wolf at BGW. I like the effect of
> greater speed produced by flying so close to
> the buildings. It is far better than Ninja
> at SFMM. And the plunge down to the lake at
> the end is a great end to the ride.

Cool replies, I went on Space Mountain yesterday and I like the theming there especially the "Space Television" they have in the queue. I wish they could switch it with the tracks and vehicles of Outer Limits, Darken it more and then take out the HEAD DAMAGE!!! lol!

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.