Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > pki shaggy question

pki shaggy question

coaster fan

Posted:
4/9/00 at
3:20:55 PM

I read your post about your day at pki. So what your saying is that kmlf will not be running this season that only leaves three water rides to be running. I dont understand why they closed it down it was the funest of the two log rides. Also so there are no plans of building anything new for 01 why not. I dont see the big deal of them building new rides each year that what makes them a good park i stoped going there when they had that big break when they didnt build anything for a while but now that they keep building these new rides im going yeh i know one season aint nothing but i dont think it will hurt to replace kmlf next year. also whats the plans for king cobra i thought it was going to be history but havent hard much more on it lately.

Re: pki shaggy question by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/10/00 1:46:52 PM

> So
> what your saying is that kmlf will not be
> running this season that only leaves three
> water rides to be running.

That appears to be the case. But also consider the waterpark. I would include them in the category "water rides."

> I dont understand
> why they closed it down it was the funest of
> the two log rides.

Apparently it was closed for maintenance reasons. I loved the ride as well and preferred it over KCKC. Others are sad about it's pending future as well.

> Also so there are no
> plans of building anything new for 01 why
> not.

That remains to be seen. I doubt PKI will go a season without adding anything.

> I dont see the big deal of them
> building new rides each year that what makes
> them a good park

I personally disagree. What I consider a great park has more to do with atmosphere than the specific rides. I enjoy the entire package: good rides, good theming, good music, good food, good employees etc. Of course big rides are a definite plus!

> i stoped going there when
> they had that big break when they didnt
> build anything for a while but now that they
> keep building these new rides im going

Big break? No offense but I cannot remember that time. Maybe it was years where they didn't add anything that appealed to you. But in the '90s alone PKI has received:

Phantom Theater Adventure Express Top Gun Action Theater New Hannah Barberra Nick Splat City Water Park Expansion OLFOF Drop Zone Face/Off Action Zone Son of Beast Days of Thunder Skyflyer

> yeh i
> know one season aint nothing but i dont
> think it will hurt to replace kmlf next
> year.

Well wait and see. PKI will announce it's plans for 2001 before season's end.

> also whats the plans for king cobra i
> thought it was going to be history but
> havent hard much more on it lately.

King Cobra is present and apparently staying put for the time being. Although you will notice a new feature to the harnesses this year. There are now safety belts that latch the right and left arm restraint together.

Shaggy

New Restraints? by swOHman at 4/10/00 4:36:54 PM

Although you will notice
> a new feature to the harnesses this year.
> There are now safety belts that latch the
> right and left arm restraint together.

Is that because of the accident on the near clone of it at PKD (I think its called Shockwave) where some guy stepped out onto the track?

swOHman a.k.a. Brian (PKI in 4 days!!! and its going to be sunny with a high of 70!!!!!)

Re: pki shaggy question by coaster fan at 4/11/00 1:00:19 AM

Big break? No offense but
> I cannot remember that time. Maybe it was
> years where they didn't add anything that
> appealed to you. But in the '90s alone PKI
> has received: Phantom Theater Adventure
> Express Top Gun Action Theater New Hannah
> Barberra Nick Splat City Water Park
> Expansion OLFOF Drop Zone Face/Off Action
> Zone Son of Beast Days of Thunder Skyflyer
> Well wait and see.

well yeh all those rides were in the 90's but there was a three or four year break after olfof was built before action zone was built yes the water park expansion was nice and hannah barberra land but teenagers like myself like thrills and i didnt go to the park as much as i did last year and i got a season pass again i cant remember how long that has been. but i think kings island will be a good park from hear on out