Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Wisconsin Dells, Valleyfair ?'s

Wisconsin Dells, Valleyfair ?'s

MrDan

Posted:
4/9/00 at
2:48:00 AM

Hey everyone,

My friends and I are looking for a much shorter year ending trip to take after our big Ohio-ian trip. Since we live in Wisconsin and have never been to Big Cheif Carts and Coasters (or whatever that is called) I was curious to know how their coasters are?

Pricing and operating tables would be great too if anyone has any ideas where I can get that information.

Also, how great is Valleyfair? We were within 30 minutes of it last year and didn't even know it! Is there any must-do's there, and do they give any bonuses to ACE members or anything?

Thanks!

dan

Re: Wisconsin Dells, Valleyfair ?'s by MR. CROWLEY at 4/9/00 1:51:01 PM

> Hey everyone, My friends and I are looking
> for a much shorter year ending trip to take
> after our big Ohio-ian trip. Since we live
> in Wisconsin and have never been to Big
> Cheif Carts and Coasters (or whatever that
> is called) I was curious to know how their
> coasters are? Pricing and operating tables
> would be great too if anyone has any ideas
> where I can get that information. Also, how
> great is Valleyfair? We were within 30
> minutes of it last year and didn't even know
> it! Is there any must-do's there, and do
> they give any bonuses to ACE members or
> anything? Thanks! dan

Hey Dan, I too live in Wisconsin. I am currently on the Damon's (The Place For Ribs) mobile training team and am opening a new Damon's in Dells. I was up there all last week and will be all this week. I was hoping I could get a few coaster rides this weekend, but Big CHief's was closed. I've been there serveral times before though.

If you're going to strickly ride the coasters, in my opinion, it's just about a half hour stop. They have three-all woodies. Pegesus, very lame, not worth your time. Kind of a first coaster ever if you were a kid thing. Cyclopes, bigger, faster good curved drop. Than Zeus, Kind of an out and back, fast, double dip down and up. It was featured on one the coaster shows on TLC.

It's a pay as you go type thing. You may want to ride twice, than leave. Their big thing are go carts. They must have about 20 or so tracks. They also have all day passes but I think they are for the carts only, not sure.

The cool thing, when you ride the coasters, they let you go through twice. But don't plan a full day their, it's not needed. I stop there and hit the rest of the Dells attractions too. Hope this helps.

MR. CROWLEY

Wisconsin Dells by Giff at 4/9/00 2:00:25 PM

> anything? Thanks! dan

I can't tell you anything about Valley fair, But Big Chief has 2 good Coasters, Cyclops & Zues. Last year it was $5 to ride each coaster, which gave you 2 trips around OR you could buy an all day pass for $25 or $30 (I can't remember) which let you do every thing , including all thier Go-carts. One negative thing is that (at least up to last year) they don't take charge cards. (If that matters) Try thr address below for more info.

Jeff

http://www.dells-delton.com/bigchief.html

Re: Wisconsin Dells, Valleyfair ?'s by spaz at 4/9/00 5:15:30 PM

> anything? Thanks! dan

Big cheif is worth going to just to ride cyclops, which has mega airtime, while zesus is also pretty good, However a half aday pass to ride everthing is like 3000 dollars a major ripoff , unless you like go carts. But they do have a pay as you go , with rides being about 400 buck a pop. and if you like waterparks noah's ark in the dells is one of the best waterparks in the country. Valleyfair is nice smaller corporate park. High roller is an good traditonal woodier and excaliber is probalby the highlight of the park, an arrow tubeular steel woodie. They also have a Wild Thing an over braked Morgan hyper. They also have a arrow corckscrew. Recently they added an arrow mouse and this year is an S&S sports tower ride.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.