Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > TR: SFGAd opening day

TR: SFGAd opening day

CoasterMike

Posted:
4/8/00 at
9:09:56 PM

Hey!

I arrived right at 10am and missed the group of people i was supposed to meet :O( So me and my mom walked around the park looking for them and also riding! At first all the coasters had one train...and most later in the day moved to two trains...A couple rides were closed including Evolution, Batman And Robin: The Chiller, GASM (part of day), Viper...and some other rides by the lake...the problem was because of understaffing still.....so it's not SFGAd's fault that the rides were closed...Robin side of Chiller valleyed with people in the train...i saw them taking the train off the track....finally later in the day i found the group i was looking for which included

Ed (Chillforce) Steve (Cyclone NY) Matt (Scankinrab) Landon Matt & Landon's friends Keith & brother & dad (SixFlagsMedusa) John (Comet3506) and a couple others who i forget their names

The rest of the day was great....walking around ...riding the rides.........talking and having a great time.....i left with Keith and his dad and brother and off i was to my sisters college where i am right now! (The College Of New Jersey)...well im heading home back to northern nj!

Had a great time at a great park!

Mike

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by HBK at 4/8/00 9:20:19 PM

how were the lines

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by ed at 4/8/00 9:43:06 PM

>what does valley mean

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by DarkRideDan at 4/8/00 9:46:43 PM

lines were very short (between 10am and 3pm), maybe one or two cycle waits..the park was empty (course last time i went was closing day freight fest)...

everybody, another helpful hint..don't leave your sunglasses in the car...the trees haven't bloomed- the sun reflecting off the cement gave me a headache..that and starting off the day with that former enjoyable racer

bring your own grease and paint

> how were the lines

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by Keith Porter at 4/8/00 10:36:15 PM

> finally later in the
> day i found the group i was looking for
> which included Ed (Chillforce) Steve
> (Cyclone NY) Matt (Scankinrab) Landon Matt
> & Landon's friends Keith & brother
> & dad (SixFlagsMedusa) John (Comet3506)
> and a couple others who i forget their names

I will just clear up the people in the group, because that list was kinda' unclear (Sorry mike!)

1)Steve 2)Ed 3)Matt Smith 4)Landan Ansell 5)Adam Brousell 6)Chris Kearsing 7)Cola (The friend of Chris) 8)Keith Porter (SixFlagsMedusa) 9)David Porter (Keith's dad) 10)Eric Porter (Keith's brother) 11)Rudy 12)Comet John 13)Dave Johnson 14)Mike Garrison 15)Mike's Mom

All in all, a great day at Great Adventure. TR to follow.

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by comet3506 at 4/8/00 11:05:27 PM

Valleying means to get stuck in the middle of the ride. Today the chiller got stuck between the cobra roll and the heartline.

comet

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by comet3506 at 4/8/00 11:39:15 PM

Yeah it was good to see everyone at the park and to ride. I will do my TR tomorrow sometime, way too tired and sunburned lol. Great to meet and talk to ya mike and kieth. Also good to see everyone else such as Ed, Steve, Rudy, Skank, Jen, and all the others. Had a great time.

comet

Re: TR: SFGAd opening day by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/9/00 12:44:36 AM

So let me guess Keith. I think you may be the future legal counsel to the club. In the mean time, I thought you would give me top billing LOL. But no, you always make me a #2. Are you telling me something LOL.

ED

Re: 2 Questions by PACOASTer at 4/9/00 3:02:59 PM

Just a few questions here,

1. Is the water park open yet? If so, how was it? If it isn't open, when does it open?

2. Did the prices go up much, or are they about the same?

Re: 2 Questions by CoasterMike at 4/9/00 10:46:27 PM

> Just a few questions here, 1. Is the water
> park open yet? If so, how was it? If it
> isn't open, when does it open? 2. Did the
> prices go up much, or are they about the
> same?

No the waterpark is not open. If im thinking right, it opens around Memorial Day!

Prices are the same as last year..maybe a buck or two more to get in, im not sure because i have a season pass!

Mike