Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Orlando Teen Fears other Parks Problems

Orlando Teen Fears other Parks Problems

Chris

Posted:
4/8/00 at
1:14:53 PM

I visited Cedar Point last year and it seemed sooooo great on all those rollercoaster specials on TLC and the Discovery Channel but when I finally got there and finished riding most of the Main coasters (Mantis, Raptor, Mean Streak, Magnum)my comment was "What's the big deal?" ::GASP:: I also visited Six Flags the one with Superman and afterwards I was Pissed because I waited almost Two hours in a boring line for a less than 30 second ride! When I got home I went back to Islands of Adventures, rode their coasters and I Loved them! Are all the Parks overrated like this??? Are all the lines in other parks as long??? The lines here in O-Town go up to an Hour for the Best rides at CP and 6 Flags the lines went up to 3!!! Is it because they are Seasonal and not Year Round like O-Towns parks? And standing in line is like waiting for ur law suit to Coach Potatoes in court, there are no Preshows or TVs or Scenery at most of the rides at those parks. I guess It's because I'm used to Disney and Universal who go all out for their Preshows. That was my Horrible Trip hope it gets better next time.

Re: Orlando Teen Fears other Parks Problems by PKI Buckeye at 4/8/00 2:52:27 PM

What up? I'm only going to comment (a little bit) about the long lines using the two large Ohio parks as examples since those are the parks I go to the most. I'll let others share there views about parks being overrated. A funny story I have has to w/ a trip to WDW in June 98. I was in line on Space Mountain (already inside the structure) after probably waiting about 40 min. There was about another 5 min. wait before we could board. I woman behind me was fired up because of the "long" wait. She told me that its ridiculous to wait an hour (which is what was posted outside) for a ride. I kinda laughed and said that Ive waited a little over 3 hrs for a coaster before and she looked at me like I was a fool. She asked me where I was from and said Ohio, and I explained to her that waiting 2+ hrs for a coaster in peak season @ PKI or CP isn't all that out of the norm. She said she was from Alabama and there was no way she would wait that long. I guess it just depends what you're use to. Like you said, you're use to an hour wait and a lot of themeing. You talked about CP's lines, and basically, there's no themeing there, its mostly standing in the sun. You can listen to a DJ on Magnum but I found that annoying so, I dont know. At PKI, it depends on what you ride, you'll either get a lot of themeing, sun, or shade, which makes for a good variety. At both parks (PKI & CP) it seems most people who are use to them spend the long waits to pump themselves up for the ride. An hour wait during peak season for a coaster like Raptor or The Beast is a blessing :), but again, its just what you're use to. After waiting a little over 3 hrs for a coaster, I think no wait could really make me mad (it was for the opening season of OL:FOF, and yes, I thought it was worth it :) ). Also, I'm not trying to get on your case or anything, but Ive heard quite a few people upset about waiting long for a short ride. It seems that you would be able to tell a ride like Superman isnt that long before you got in line- just a thought. As for parks being overrated.... I have very passionate views about which Ohio parks are overrated and underrated, but I'll leave that question for others :). Happy coasting.

PKI Buckeye

Re: Orlando Teen Fears other Parks Problems by Rob Lec at 4/8/00 6:46:51 PM

You've probably just been spoiled by having what most believe to be the world's best theme parks in your home town. Disney and Universal work on a different business model because they are open year round and they have the money to fund only top-notch attractions. Not that seasonal parks are shabby, but they can't afford as much elaborate theming when it's THE RIDE that people are paying to see.

Also please note that there are days when CP and SF parks have reasonable wait times, just as there are days when the lines at WDW and USF are absolutely intolerable. We have waited 2 hours for space mountain and splash mountain (even Dumbo was 90 minutes) and I think the wait for theNickelodeon studios was nearly three hours. And how long does one normally wait for Spiderman (when it's working)?

The pre-ride videos are amusing, but after an hour of waiting it's just another annoyance. Nobody likes to have to wait, but it's just a fact of life. You wait at the bank, supermarket, and McDonalds too.

Perhaps you have a season pass? Those who have a pass to their home park have the luxury of just leaving if the park is too crowded and come back another day. Not so when you have a week off and drove for two days and are paying hundreds of dollars per day for food and hotel. In that case, you put up with whatever the conditions are at the park that day.

Yearley, yes and the popularity, yes. by Mike at 4/10/00 8:03:02 AM

This is more of a proablem, in the northern states. Mainly CP, because it is to some people the main rller coaster park in the world. You get people from everywear. And yes they can only be there a portion of the year. So the lines are huge. But PKI, wasnt that bad for us 2 years ago. We had the worts line oddley enuff on, King Cobra??? And the second worst was Outer limits. But ut was a themed ride most of the line was inside. You know it was long thow when it travel outside quite a ways. But oddley the beast was not vary long at all. We were able to bust it twice, easy. One after another. And Vortex was really fast, in the line department. Alot depends on when you go. But CP has just so much reputation. The lines are always going to be big, cant imagin the MF and SOB lines. And I'll be standing in them at the worst time. Memorial Day weekend. I'll be lucky to ride three rides at each park proably. Oh well for MF AND SOB i'll wait a long time. As long as it takes.

Re: Orlando Teen Fears other Parks Problems by ioa rules at 4/10/00 7:22:26 PM

> I visited Cedar Point last year and it
> seemed sooooo great on all those
> rollercoaster specials on TLC and the
> Discovery Channel but when I finally got
> there and finished riding most of the Main
> coasters (Mantis, Raptor, Mean Streak,
> Magnum)my comment was "What's the big
> deal?" ::GASP:: I also visited Six
> Flags the one with Superman and afterwards I
> was Pissed because I waited almost Two hours
> in a boring line for a less than 30 second
> ride! When I got home I went back to Islands
> of Adventures, rode their coasters and I
> Loved them! Are all the Parks overrated like
> this??? Are all the lines in other parks as
> long??? The lines here in O-Town go up to an
> Hour for the Best rides at CP and 6 Flags
> the lines went up to 3!!! Is it because they
> are Seasonal and not Year Round like O-Towns
> parks? And standing in line is like waiting
> for ur law suit to Coach Potatoes in court,
> there are no Preshows or TVs or Scenery at
> most of the rides at those parks. I guess
> It's because I'm used to Disney and
> Universal who go all out for their Preshows.
> That was my Horrible Trip hope it gets
> better next time.

i guess us ga and flordia people are lucky,,in the sense everything but a monster hyper coaster is all around us all the time,,,but you have to think about all the people who come down in the summer and stand in line 2 hours to ride the hulk,,,or spiderman or the dragons,,,but disney who out thinks everyone has fast pass and that is genius in my opinion,,,but not everyone is that lucky...but i think i would stand in line 2 hours to try superman,,,,

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.