Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Is SFMW jealous of PGA?

Is SFMW jealous of PGA?

baddboy

Posted:
4/7/00 at
3:52:53 PM

i was looking at the official six flags site when i came across this

"CHALLENGE MEDUSA, THE WORLD'S FIRST FLYING ROLLER COASTER...NOW OPEN!!"

Now, isnt that PGA's slogan for Stealth? "the worlds first flying coaster" i mean pga has it on the queue entrance and sfmw decides to steal it.

they should be happy for each other.

whut do u guys think

baddboy

Re: Is SFMW jealous of PGA? by Aaron at 4/7/00 8:04:27 PM

> i was looking at the official six flags site
> when i came across this "CHALLENGE
> MEDUSA, THE WORLD'S FIRST FLYING ROLLER
> COASTER...NOW OPEN!!" Now, isnt that
> PGA's slogan for Stealth? "the worlds
> first flying coaster" i mean pga has it
> on the queue entrance and sfmw decides to
> steal it. they should be happy for each
> other. whut do u guys think baddboy

Well ofcourse they wanna tear each others throats out, they're in competition. If one of the parks turns out to have a very successful year, the other park would have to be very upset. Now since SFMW has had some spotlight for 2 years, adding in all those rides in '98 and turning into a Six Flags park in '99 with the addition of Roar, PGA is now getting the spotlight with Stealth even with Medusa. There are still other floorlesses around the U.S. but you cannot find anything like Stealth elsewhere, and SFMW knows that so they had to do something to grab the peoples attention (the ones that don't know or really don't care which is the world's first), I think that's what caused them to steal Stealths slogan. Now all the commercials you see around the Bay Area are about Stealth, I hardly see any SFMW commercials anymore, I think SFMW should get back at it. What I think SFMW should've done is beat PGA by the numbers if they want more bragging rights, like what SFO is doing to go against CP. Next year I think we'll see the same situation with PGA and SFMW. PGA claiming the "first of its kind" and SFMW claiming the largest, tallest, fastest coaster (or attraction) in the Bay Area. We'll just have to wait and see!

Re: Is SFMW jealous of PGA? by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/7/00 8:42:36 PM

> i was looking at the official six flags site
> when i came across this "CHALLENGE
> MEDUSA, THE WORLD'S FIRST FLYING ROLLER
> COASTER...NOW OPEN!!" Now, isnt that
> PGA's slogan for Stealth? "the worlds
> first flying coaster" i mean pga has it
> on the queue entrance and sfmw decides to
> steal it. they should be happy for each
> other. whut do u guys think baddboy

I don't think SFMW has much to be jealous about. They are building towards something great, every year I see substantial growth and maturity in MW, and Medusa is quite the crowd pleaser. What SFMW is worried about I think, is how the public may react to Stealth. Let's face it, there is no other ride like it on the planet, and it's brilliant IMO. The flying coaster thing is MW's attempt to grab some the attention back, so that they're own project doesn't get overlooked in favor of Stealth. I say there's enough room for two unique coasters in the Bay Area. Today I was out at MW, and the reaction to Medusa is extremely positive. I also overheard in line some guys raving about Stealth. Both parks have gotten a hold of winners this year. I'm very curious what 2001 will bring.

..perhaps.. me?! by PGAJJB at 4/7/00 10:40:46 PM

Me and a friend of mine were out at SFMW today also! I was talking to some young kids about Stealth while I was in line, maybe you overheard me! I was wearing bluejean shorts, a grey Stealth T-Shirt, and a black hat. Anyways, Medusa was awesome today, as usual, but, I've only got 1 gripe.. Why were they only running 1 train all day!! The lines could've been reduced dramatically had they put the other train online! Well, thats about all out of me for now, see y'all in the park.

-PGAJJB