Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Help with PKI/CP accomodations for 2000

Help with PKI/CP accomodations for 2000

PKI Buckeye

Posted:
4/7/00 at
3:51:10 PM

What up everyone. Im doing what many have you have already done or will be doing soon. Im getting that summer vacation all set up-- which I cannot wait for!! As I do every year, I will be hitting the major Ohio parks. I live in Columbus which puts me "in the center of the action"-- especially this year. I have been going to PKI and CP at least every few years since 81 ( I was 1 in 81 so I dont remember anything), and every year since 89. I have only been to SFO (GL) once and that was in 83. Because of my relative location to all of the parks, I usually dont spend the night. The years I have, its usually spent in a ratty motel 30-45 minutes away. This year, that isn't happening. I plan on going to PKI multiple times, CP twice, and SFO once. At least on of my PKI trips will include a two day stay this year (YES!!) and I plan on doing the same at CP for only one of the trips. I won't be spending the night in the Aurora area for my SFO trip. Here are my questions. I know that Kings Island Inn is rather pricy at times, so for those of you who have stayed there, is it worth it? The location is enough for me, but would it be more worthwhile to stay "across the street" at the "Holiday Inn" type motels. The closest I have ever stayed to PKI in Blue Ash, a suburb of Cincy, and I dont want to be that far away. Also, is Kings Island In the only close hotel w/ shuttles to the park? Next is CP. Ive done my research on the CP website about their resorts. Ive narrowed my selection down to Hotel Breakers and Sandcastle Suites. I have VERY little about Hotel Breakers and NOTHING about Sandcastle Suites from others. I can't decide which one seems the best. Hotel Breakers seems appealing b/c of its central location in the park, and Sandcastle Suites seems appealing b/c after fighting CP crowds all day, it seems (at least on the site pics), that's its quite back there- a place I could relax after a long day. But again, Breakers is closer to Raptor, my personal CP favorite. Okay, enough running my pie hole, without thinking about price, which one seem to be the better of the two- for those of you who have been to both, or have heard a lot about both. Anyway, at least they're both on the penninsula! Thank you for your help; I'll stop now!!

PKI Buckeye "PKI in 2000"

Re: Help with PKI/CP accomodations for 2000 by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/7/00 4:18:03 PM

For pertinent PKi accomidation info, plese refer to the URC at PKI day page on this site. It has a link to a lodging page full of info I gathered for Eric. It even includes prices and a listing of hotels and shuttles.

Shaggy

Thank you Shaggy (nm) by PKI Buckeye at 4/7/00 5:14:53 PM

> For pertinent PKi accomidation info, plese
> refer to the URC at PKI day page on this
> site. It has a link to a lodging page full
> of info I gathered for Eric. It even
> includes prices and a listing of hotels and
> shuttles. Shaggy

Re: Help with PKI/CP accomodations for 2000 by prozac_kid at 4/10/00 6:34:41 AM

> For pertinent PKi accomidation info, plese
> refer to the URC at PKI day page on this
> site. It has a link to a lodging page full
> of info I gathered for Eric. It even
> includes prices and a listing of hotels and
> shuttles. Shaggy

At CP i stayed at breakers for 3 night and loved it...walked to the park everyday, free parking and its right on the beach...i little spendy in my opinion but worth the money as well...plan ahead different months different prices........