Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > A humble request for those going to PKI tomorrow

A humble request for those going to PKI tomorrow

TargetIndy

Posted:
4/7/00 at
10:06:08 AM

I was wondering if somebody could do me a favor when touring SOB tomorrow. If you get the chance to get up-close to the ride and photograph could you take a picture with somebody standing next to the ride. Ideally, I'd like to see somebody standing up against the loop, with the camera looking toward the lift hill. The reason for my request is simple. I'd like to have something to gauge the true size of the ride with. I feel this is why a lot of these pics we've been seeing haven't been doing the ride justice. Case in point--my favorite picture of the ride was the one taken of the workers on the helix. The workers really put the whole thing in perspective.

Thanks in advance, I really wish I could have taken this pic with my digital camera. Hey Shaggy, gape in awe for me.

Re: A humble request for those going to PKI tomorr by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/7/00 11:21:21 AM

My goal for tomorrow is to get a shot like you described. I hope they allow us near the structure (not on!) so we may take such pictures. Although if trains are running (I am not counting on it) I doubt we get that close. All coasters have "lockout areas" in which not even employees can access unless the control panel is completely padlocked.

Actually I have a newspaper picture of Jeffery Seibert the Marketing rep standing at the base of the large drop. It is an unbelievable comparison shot. I hope I can convince Roceket Roger to snap a photo of me with the coaster in the distance. I will be glad to share.

Also, I selfishly would like to get a photo of as many URC'ers present as possible with Sonny in the background. We'll see!

Shaggy

Shaggy, we will be gad t help you out. by acer at 4/7/00 2:07:49 PM

> My goal for tomorrow is to get a shot like
> you described. I hope they allow us near the
> structure (not on!) so we may take such
> pictures. Although if trains are running (I
> am not counting on it) I doubt we get that
> close. All coasters have "lockout
> areas" in which not even employees can
> access unless the control panel is
> completely padlocked. Actually I have a
> newspaper picture of Jeffery Seibert the
> Marketing rep standing at the base of the
> large drop. It is an unbelievable comparison
> shot. I hope I can convince Roceket Roger to
> snap a photo of me with the coaster in the
> distance. I will be glad to share. Also, I
> selfishly would like to get a photo of as
> many URC'ers present as possible with Sonny
> in the background. We'll see! Shaggy

Shaggy! by acer at 4/7/00 2:10:50 PM

We will gladly assist you in this endeavor, but in return you will have to take a photo of us.

acer