Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Thanks on behalf of Backyard Rollercoaster

Thanks on behalf of Backyard Rollercoaster

MIKE

Posted:
4/6/00 at
11:20:40 PM

Thanks for visiting and contributing to my site. I have add more photos and 2 more sites since my last post! I hope you have a great time at my site and keep checking back because it is constantly being updated (literally). Get out there and set some records (check the communications page/guest book)

here is the site again

Backyard Rollercoaster

Re: Thanks on behalf of Backyard Rollercoaster by MrDan at 4/7/00 12:42:40 AM

Mike,

On behalf of Eric and everyone here... You're not supposed to post messages that are just web site ads on this website. While I am really glad that you seem to be trying to make yourself a roller coaster, I don't want to be told 5 or so times a day to go and see what new progress you have. If you leave the link at the end of messages you respond to, and maybe once in a while post when there is a MAJOR undertaking going on (IE supports finished, track finished, test run... that's about it) I don't think they'll be a problem. If you continue this though, all that will happen is all your posts will be deleted.

Hope you understand. Happy coastering, and good luck.

dan

SORRY by MIKE at 4/7/00 1:08:02 AM

yeah I was afraid that was going to happen, people getting mad that im posting my website too much. Sorry my first web site and its processing in all the big search engines and this is about the only way I know to get people to come, I guess I got a little too much into it. I guess I thought I was making break throughs by making a link page addition. Hope you can forgive me and here is my site again... just kidding. Yeah I really am sorry I just wanted to see those numbers on the clicker and the votes and signing of the guestbook go up. I really wanted to know what people thought and I figured I could put It at the top people will see it, thats pretty dumb I guess considering its late at night. One question would you consider wheels and paint a reason for a post? I hope you visited the site though and are interested to see how it all turns out.

Re: No problem :-) by MrDan at 4/7/00 2:37:21 AM

> yeah I was afraid that was going to happen,
> people getting mad that im posting my
> website too much. Sorry my first web site
> and its processing in all the big search
> engines and this is about the only way I
> know to get people to come, I guess I got a
> little too much into it.

Hey, no problem at all - I can see why you're so exicted about it. I run three websites myself (one for the band I'm in, one for a company I'm part of and one video game one) and I am extremely proud of them and I love to watch the counters turn. I just wanted to make sure that you knew about the policy so you didn't get in trouble.

> I guess I thought I
> was making break throughs by making a link
> page addition. Hope you can forgive me and
> here is my site again... just kidding.

LOL!

> Yeah
> I really am sorry I just wanted to see those
> numbers on the clicker and the votes and
> signing of the guestbook go up. I really
> wanted to know what people thought and I
> figured I could put It at the top people
> will see it, thats pretty dumb I guess
> considering its late at night. One question
> would you consider wheels and paint a reason
> for a post?

Here's my suggestion for asking an opinion like this... make a post about what people's favorite color schemes for roller coasters are. Mention your opinions and why, and then at the end you could say something to this extent - "As you all know, I'm working on my Backyard Roller Coaster. What do you think of a polka dot pink on neon green scheme? I'm surprised at how nice it turned out." and then leave a link at the end of it to your page. Such a post wouldn't violate the sites rules because the main topic isn't your site and I'm sure many people would find it interesting.

I hope you aren't planning on polka dot pink on neon green however ;-)

> I hope you visited the site
> though and are interested to see how it all
> turns out.

I am, in fact, I bookmarked it and if you respond to others posts and once every other week mention that you've made some major progress, I'll be stopping by to check up on ya. Hey, I had the same idea as a kid and the only way my parents stopped me was telling me that the city would fine me or something to that extent.

I just wanted to make sure that you understood the rules so that you wouldn't continue to break them. I think it's a very interesting project and I will be following it...

dan

What is wrong with polka dot pink on neon green? by mr acer at 4/7/00 5:33:24 PM

Anyone who has met the acers would understand why I think that would be a fine color scheme for a coaster. Good luck getting your parents to agree to having that in your backyard. I have included my email in case you set up a newsgroup. Have fun and don't hurt yourself, there is already too many coaster accident victims.

mr acer

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.