Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFO Villain train has arrived!

SFO Villain train has arrived!

Michael

Posted:
4/6/00 at
10:53:54 PM

Took a ride out to SFO yesterday to check on the progress and one of the Villain's Gerstlauer trains was sitting there in the back lot. They are beauties. Since I can't post pics here, I sent them to the link below so everyone can get a look at them. I bet SFStL's Boss will have the same type of trains.

Michael

SFO: A Refreshing Look

Looks like lap bars still gonna hurt..... by Iceman at 4/6/00 11:18:53 PM

I was looking at the pictures and it looks like the lap bars are still going to hurt. Now of course I could be wrong but I am just judging from what I see. Plus do you really consider those trains open front? I always though open front meant exactly that. All those vertical bars in the front to me seem to take away the effect. Who knows but hopefully I will still be able to ride it this year.

Iceman

Re: Looks like lap bars still gonna hurt..... by Chip Wood at 4/6/00 11:50:19 PM

> I was looking at the pictures and it looks
> like the lap bars are still going to hurt.
> Now of course I could be wrong but I am just
> judging from what I see. Plus do you really
> consider those trains open front? I always
> though open front meant exactly that. All
> those vertical bars in the front to me seem
> to take away the effect. Who knows but
> hopefully I will still be able to ride it
> this year. Iceman

Keep three major points in mind:

No 'headrests'

No SEAT DIVIDERS (which I hate with a passion)

No individual lapbars- which could constrict anything that moves.

Add on top of that the fact that I've seen the trains and they look absolutely SWEET. The only issue I would have is the under-carriage and how well it can or can't traverse the trick-track.

I leave that last bit up to the experts to debate and predict because I have no idea how this coaster will perform... till I ride it ;)

Chip (Who is totally decided upon which coaster he rides first at Geauga Lake.)

SFO: A Refreshing Look that thanks Jeff T for his help...

Re: Looks like lap bars still gonna hurt..... by Jeff Tolotti at 4/7/00 1:02:59 AM

> No individual lapbars- which could
> constrict anything that moves.

Gerstlauers do have individual ratcheting lap bars, although they have strong return springs. They're U shaped and tight on the legs, and because (as you mentioned) there are no seat dividers, all lateral forces are placed on your thighs. People tend to be bruised after riding in them for a while.

Jeff

Re: Looks like lap bars still gonna hurt..... by Robert at 4/8/00 1:51:47 PM

Keep three major points in mind: No 'headrests'
> No SEAT DIVIDERS (which I hate with a
> passion) No individual lapbars- which could
> constrict anything that moves. Add on top
> of that the fact that I've seen the trains
> and they look absolutely SWEET. The only
> issue I would have is the under-carriage and
> how well it can or can't traverse the
> trick-track. I leave that last bit up to
> the experts to debate and predict because I
> have no idea how this coaster will
> perform... till I ride it ;) Chip (Who is
> totally decided upon which coaster he rides
> first at Geauga Lake.)

Can someone please explain what the trick track will do. Try to explain what will happen when riding this coaster and you get to the trick track what will that be like.Also the slanted part of the track after the second drop what will this elemenmt do? will it tilt you from side to side at high speed or what? Anyone who knows what these elements do on the Villian coaster please respond. Thanks

Thanks again to anyone that respond. Robert