Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Dead board days...

Dead board days...

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
3/19/17 at
12:02:37 AM

I'm always planning park trips.. anybody else going to Kings Islands pass night or opening weekend? April 14th and 15th, i kind of plan on being there. Never done a passholders only night, or an opening weekend for that matter. I wonder how crazy crowds will be, weather permitting of course.. I plan to buy FastLane for Saturday and hope it gets us several rides.. (unlike CP where FL on busy days still equal 45 minute waits for top attractions).

Thinking June for SFGAmerica, June is always a good time for parks trips right? How about Six Flags Great America, anybody have any tips for me? If i am there for 2 1/2 days, am i better off getting a season pass? I haven't been to a six flags since Geauga Lake was one. Looking at the Extended Stay, looks like it could be walking distance.. $25 to park doesn't seem like something i would let myself do, hahahah..

May 13th, Breakers at CP
July Breakers at CP, booked already ($$$$$)
Fall, HallowWeekends of course

August up in air..

Nov -WDW

Feb 2018 Hard Rock Universal Orlando..

I love it!

* This post was modified at 3/19/17 9:28:10 PM *

Re: Dead board days... by skc2000 at 3/19/17 5:38:14 AM
How about Six Flags Great America, anybody have any tips for me? If i am there for 2 1/2 days, am i better off getting a season pass?

Any six flags park that you go to if you are going to visit the same park twice or if you are going to visit more than one six flags park the same season then it pays to get a season pass.A season pass is usually a little bit more than a single day ticket.

I haven't been to a six flags since Geauga Lake was one. Looking at the Extended Stay, looks like it could be walking distance

All the extended stay hotels are known for the most helpful & friendly staff including a full size kitchen(full size fridge, microwave & so forth).There is an entended stay hotel on northridge dr in gurnee il which is a little over a mile away from the entrance to six flags great americe.There are hotels closer to the park on grand ave but i decided to stay at the extended stay hotels because of my past experiences with them.It took me about 35 minutes to walk to & from the park but it was a great experience there but it,s over a mile away from the park if you choose to leave your car at the hotel & not pay for parking at the park.

The other parks i can not help you out with but this is my experience staying at the extended stay hotel on northridge dr near six flags great america.

skc2000

* This post was modified at 3/19/17 5:39:45 AM *

Re: Dead board days... by NotSo NotSo Profile at 3/19/17 9:35:31 AM
Thanks skc2000. Yes, the mini kitchen was what caught my eye for Extended Stay, and it seems pretty close.
Looks like a Season Pass is the best bet then huh? I wonder if I should buy it in advance or at the park?
Great America is really the only park I needed some help with, I good with the others. Just curious about KI Passholder day, if they run the whole park or whatever..
Re: Dead board days... by RobLec RobLec Profile at 3/19/17 3:05:43 PM
NotSo said:

I'm always planning park trips.. anybody else going to Kings Islands pass night or opening weekend? April 14th and 15th, i kind of plan on being there. Never done a passholders only night, or an opening weekend for that matter. I wonder how crazy crowds will be, weather permitting of course.. I plan to buy FastLane for Saturday and hope it gets us several rides.. (unlike CP where FL on busy days still equal 45 minute waits for top attractions).

Just curious about KI Passholder day, if they run the whole park or whatever..

Thinking June now.. like early June.. always a good time for parks trips right?

May 13th, Breakers at CP

Nov -WDW

Feb 2017 Hard Rock Universal Orlando..

Ahh, for the old days! We always used to do season passholder opening weekends. Me and my two boys. Generally very light. Heck, all of June is light at KI for that matter. June = easy pickings, July kinda iffy, Aug = no way! Compare to CP like night and day. KI = 30 min wait tops, CP = 30 min at best.

Passholder weekends they usually have most of the park open, may close some of the water rides esp if weather is chilly. Sadly, boys are grown now, and as we're in Florida fulltime now, no more CF passes... best deal in the world, esp for 60+ seniors who like to travel.

Coincidentally I was going to post something here about this year, we bought Universal season passes. A bit pricey, but better than the mouse. And as we already have several trips to Orlando planned, it was just a little more than buying tickets.

If you're planning Feb 17 for hard rock I think you missed it... or maybe you meant 2018, or maybe you already went?

We do plan to have a couple days at WDW, primarily to check out Pandora at AK. Maybe bump into you?

Have a great summer, and say Hi to CP and KI for me.

Re: Dead board days... by NotSo NotSo Profile at 3/19/17 5:15:08 PM
Thanks Rob! That is the reply I was hoping for about Kings Island pass day. I think I will take a vacation day Friday, and get down to Super8 about 2pm. Should be a great time then I hope. Yep, ahh those good old days!

You will have to let us all know how those Universal passes work out for you guys. That seems pretty awesome to me.
Next Feb my son turns 16, I was thinking about surprising him with a 4 night stay at Universal's Hard Rock. (I just realized I put 2017 in original post, oops)

I'll keep you updated on WDW, yes perhaps we could bump into each other!

CP and KI, huge difference in lines. With Mystic Timbers KI really has a nice lineup. Ive always loved KI though..

Cedar Point, really have to go during the right times of year to enjoy it.

* This post was modified at 3/19/17 5:39:32 PM *

Re: Dead board days... by frontrow frontrow Profile at 3/19/17 6:33:07 PM
Like someone mentioned, if you are going to spend more than one day at a Six Flags park, then the season pass is the way to go. As far as Kings Island, I'm signed up for media day on April 13th. It's an event from 5am to 11am and all active ACE members are welcome to sign up. Just go to Mystic Timbers Media Day on their website. I never have been to a Season Pass holders day at Kings Island, but have been to one at Kings Dominion. It was extremely uncrowded and everything was a walk on.