Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SFStL Trip Report (sort of)

SFStL Trip Report (sort of)

Brad Brad Profile

Posted:
4/6/00 at
10:28:59 PM

The park was open tonight from 5-9 for season pass processing. I was really exited about riding the train and seeing The Boss up-close, but they only run the train on the Saturday Processing days! So, I really couldn't see much since the paths were blocked off. But I did see workers working on the UN-TRACKED third turn-around. I don't see how it can be ready for opening day. Let's just hope that somehow it is!! How long does testing usually take anyway? I saw a poster for the Boss and the trains were open-front!! From what I could see, NOTHING else has changed in the park! I asked an employee when The Boss will be open, and she just said, "early spring"! Thanks for nothing, I thought!

In the brochure there is a picture of a wooden coaster that is supposed to be the Boss, but it's really obvious that it's not!! First of all it's a standard, green 6-car train going down a twisting drop. There's a LOT of trees around and there is a coaster in the background with blue, inverted track and orange supports. Anybody know where this picture is from? Thanks, Brad

The Boss Cars are not opened faced . by Bossstl at 4/6/00 10:35:47 PM

> The park was open tonight from 5-9 for
> season pass processing. I was really exited
> about riding the train and seeing The Boss
> up-close, but they only run the train on the
> Saturday Processing days! So, I really
> couldn't see much since the paths were
> blocked off. But I did see workers working
> on the UN-TRACKED third turn-around. I don't
> see how it can be ready for opening day.
> Let's just hope that somehow it is!! How
> long does testing usually take anyway? I saw
> a poster for the Boss and the trains were
> open-front!! From what I could see, NOTHING
> else has changed in the park! I asked an
> employee when The Boss will be open, and she
> just said, "early spring"! Thanks
> for nothing, I thought! In the brochure
> there is a picture of a wooden coaster that
> is supposed to be the Boss, but it's really
> obvious that it's not!! First of all it's a
> standard, green 6-car train going down a
> twisting drop. There's a LOT of trees around
> and there is a coaster in the background
> with blue, inverted track and orange
> supports. Anybody know where this picture is
> from? Thanks, Brad

I sall the green and yellow train cars for train one. The cars to not apear opeaned faced. I have pictures of it put for some reason everything that could go wrong with my scanner and computer has happened so i cant send them out.

Re: They Are Open Faced by Phreakster at 4/6/00 10:39:41 PM

If you go to most Schnucks stores in the St. Louis area, you'll see a sign that says, "The Boss, Large and In Charge" and it has a picture of ROAR at SFMW BUT, they added a little Boss logo to the front... They will be open faced.

Phreakster aka Greg

My Coaster Page

Re: They Are NOT Open Faced by Bossstl at 4/6/00 10:53:06 PM

> If you go to most Schnucks stores in the St.
> Louis area, you'll see a sign that says,
> "The Boss, Large and In Charge"
> and it has a picture of ROAR at SFMW BUT,
> they added a little Boss logo to the
> front... They will be open faced.
> Phreakster aka Greg

Sorry but they dont appear to be opened faced. I got pictures to prove this i will try to find a way to pst them to prove to you they are not open faced at least to ones i saw.

Re: They Are Open Faced by Brad Brad Profile at 4/6/00 11:15:48 PM

> If you go to most Schnucks stores in the St.
> Louis area, you'll see a sign that says,
> "The Boss, Large and In Charge"
> and it has a picture of ROAR at SFMW BUT,
> they added a little Boss logo to the
> front... They will be open faced.
> Phreakster aka Greg

That sounds like the EXACT same poster I saw! The trains WERE open-faced!! I'm gonna go back on Saturday to get a look at coaster up-close on the train. I'll look for the trains and let you know what I see.

Re: They Are NOT Open Faced by Dustijn Hollon at 4/6/00 11:35:38 PM

Well IMHO think you may have seen the Eagle's trains and THOUGHT you saw the Boss's trains. The news is that the trains are open faced.

Hey why argue? WE'LL ALL SEE ON THE 21st!

D

Re: Boss Ad Pics and train info by Jeff King at 4/7/00 10:39:38 AM

> The park was open tonight from 5-9 for
> season pass processing. I was really exited
> about riding the train and seeing The Boss
> up-close, but they only run the train on the
> Saturday Processing days! So, I really
> couldn't see much since the paths were
> blocked off. But I did see workers working
> on the UN-TRACKED third turn-around. I don't
> see how it can be ready for opening day.
> Let's just hope that somehow it is!! How
> long does testing usually take anyway? I saw
> a poster for the Boss and the trains were
> open-front!! From what I could see, NOTHING
> else has changed in the park! I asked an
> employee when The Boss will be open, and she
> just said, "early spring"! Thanks
> for nothing, I thought! In the brochure
> there is a picture of a wooden coaster that
> is supposed to be the Boss, but it's really
> obvious that it's not!! First of all it's a
> standard, green 6-car train going down a
> twisting drop. There's a LOT of trees around
> and there is a coaster in the background
> with blue, inverted track and orange
> supports. Anybody know where this picture is
> from? Thanks, Brad

The picture that you're referring to is a picture of ROAR in Six Flags America. They're using pics of this, as well as a digitized picture of the first drop on Texas Giant. All of the brochures, season pass mailings, etc. show ROAR in SFA. I have not seen the posters at Schnucks Markets, so I don't know if it's TX Giant or ROAR.

As far as the trains are concerned - YES, they WILL be open front Gerstlauer trains. This was confirmed by the park. For a look at how they'll look, go to:

http://refreshinglook.com

This is a great page, devoted to the amazing construction going on at Six Flags Ohio. There, on the home page is a picture of the Gerstlauer trains that will be used on CCI's Villian. The Boss trains will pretty much look just like these.

As I type, The Boss is still to be ready for opening day.

Can't wait!

Jeff

Re: Boss Ad Pics and train info by Bossstl at 4/7/00 12:12:22 PM

The picture that you're referring to is a
> picture of ROAR in Six Flags America.
> They're using pics of this, as well as a
> digitized picture of the first drop on Texas
> Giant. All of the brochures, season pass
> mailings, etc. show ROAR in SFA. I have not
> seen the posters at Schnucks Markets, so I
> don't know if it's TX Giant or ROAR. As far
> as the trains are concerned - YES, they WILL
> be open front Gerstlauer trains. This was
> confirmed by the park. For a look at how
> they'll look, go to:
> http://refreshinglook.com This is a great
> page, devoted to the amazing construction
> going on at Six Flags Ohio. There, on the
> home page is a picture of the Gerstlauer
> trains that will be used on CCI's Villian.
> The Boss trains will pretty much look just
> like these. As I type, The Boss is still to
> be ready for opening day. Can't wait! Jeff Jeff the trains for the Villain are the same type of trains I saw at SixFLags St.louis Saturday except for the ones i saw were yellow and green.

Re: They Are Open Faced by Bossstl at 4/7/00 12:17:19 PM

That sounds like the EXACT same poster I saw!
> The trains WERE open-faced!! I'm gonna go
> back on Saturday to get a look at coaster
> up-close on the train. I'll look for the
> trains and let you know what I see.

Brad I saw the Train cars on the right hand side of the train inside the train shed. The shed is just before the Boss and you cant miss them if you just look to your right hand side in the train shed as you go through it.

Re: The Boss Cars are not opened faced . by rocketmover at 4/7/00 1:43:26 PM

If the pictures/media are showing pictures of Roar West with open-faced cars, these would be the prototype GCI cars (similar to what will be on the Hershey Lightning Racer). I was not aware that anyone other than GCI is currently producing such cars. I was personally told that GCI will NOT sell its cars to any other builder or park unless GCI builds or substantially re-works the ride. Since the Boss is CCI and not GCI, it appears highly doubtful that it will run open-faced cars, unless of course Gerstlauer has now come out with such a thing.

The Boss trains by Jeff King at 4/7/00 3:00:16 PM

> If the pictures/media are showing pictures
> of Roar West with open-faced cars, these
> would be the prototype GCI cars (similar to
> what will be on the Hershey Lightning
> Racer). I was not aware that anyone other
> than GCI is currently producing such cars. I
> was personally told that GCI will NOT sell
> its cars to any other builder or park unless
> GCI builds or substantially re-works the
> ride. Since the Boss is CCI and not GCI, it
> appears highly doubtful that it will run
> open-faced cars, unless of course Gerstlauer
> has now come out with such a thing.

The trains are Gerstlauer's open front car, but that's really the only thing different about them, compared to normal Gerstlauer trains, such as Twisted Sisters at SFKK. They are not single seat articulated. As far as ROAR pics are concerned, I've personally only seen them use SFA's version, but I've not seen the posters in the grocery store chain that is selling season passes.

Jeff

boss picture by tomgreen17 at 4/8/00 1:53:59 PM

I think it's Roar at Six Flags America. When I got my season pass I saw the picture too.