Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > PKI and Americana ?'s

PKI and Americana ?'s

O-High-O

Posted:
4/6/00 at
10:25:38 PM

Mucho questions for the SW Ohio Area. (please answer at least one) 1. What do you think PKI will get in 2001 and/or 2002?

2. I hear of revitalization at PKI in 2001. Where and what?

3. Is Americana opening for 2000? Reason I ask is because I hear that company is trying to open it for this season (even though they don't have the money yet)

4. Last question, where would PKI put their next thrill ride (coaster, water ride, etc...)

Re: PKI and Americana ?'s by Unknown at 4/7/00 11:14:01 AM

>1. What do you think PKI will get in 2001 and/or >2002?

I Think....2001 Volcano (I Don't Like it but i'm 85% sure about it.

2002/3 Look for Stealth in one of these years

>2. I hear of revitalization at PKI in 2001. >Where and what?

Can we say New Themed Area....Maybe Back behind the Beast maybe Behind Son Of Beast we will just have to wait

>3. Is Americana opening for 2000? Reason I ask >is because I hear that company is trying to open >it for this season (even though they don't have >the money yet)

Word is that the first company's offer was shot down but don't fret Premeir Parks (The owners of the Six Flags chain) has moved in and has an offer on the table...so this would be a big step up for the tiny park

>4. Last question, where would PKI put their next >thrill ride (coaster, water ride,etc...)

the next few attractions will be placed in the area to be vacated by kings mill log flume.....the former location of flight commander....Or somewher near Action Theater (007)

Re: PKI and Americana ?'s by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/7/00 11:43:35 AM

I Think....2001 Volcano (I Don't Like it but i'm
> 85% sure about it.

I doubt we will ever see a version of Volcano at PKI.

2002/3 Look for Stealth
> in one of these years

I agree

Can we say New Themed
> Area....Maybe Back behind the Beast maybe
> Behind Son Of Beast we will just have to
> wait

I am not anticipating a new themed area in the near future considering the recent addition of Action Zone. Especially behind the Beast.

> Word is that the first company's offer
> was shot down but don't fret Premeir Parks
> (The owners of the Six Flags chain) has
> moved in and has an offer on the table...so
> this would be a big step up for the tiny
> park

That is an incorrect rumor. Premier has no developing interest in Americana. Premier has tapped into the Ohio market and has filled their interest with SFO and the dwindling Wyandot Lake. At last word, a gentleman by the name of Jeffrey P. Stoneking was heading up the purchase of Americana by his newly formed company Emerald Enterprises located in Centerville Ohio. The issue was funding of which they were nearly finished gathering the necessary amount. The company was anticipating a formal announcement in early April. Word has not been released within the past week and a half of the decision. The main problem, as I understand it, is that the city in which Americana resides, would not support funding of the park. Another nearby city, however, was intested in investing. That was creating a large issue since one city would be handling the funding while it was located in another's jurasdiction.

the next few attractions will be
> placed in the area to be vacated by kings
> mill log flume.....

I do anticipate a new attraction in this area. However the latest word is that KMLF was actually staffed for this season. Hmmmmmm

the former location of
> flight commander....

Perhaps if PKI ever decides to add more spin-n-spews or flat rides. (I hope they do!)

Or somewher near Action
> Theater (007)

Little known is the fact that Beast's brakeshed lies directly behind Action Theater. No kidding, the track for Beast is just a few hundred feet behind it. I doubt this area will be developed soon. The park has gradually stretched it's boundries to the right and left making the park much wider than deep. The main reason is the thicket of woods behind the main thoroughfare is home to Beast. Any many feel loosing any of those woods would take away the charm of the coaster.

Shaggy

Re: PKI and Americana ?'s by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/7/00 11:54:46 AM

> 1. What do you
> think PKI will get in 2001 and/or 2002?

I anticipate a new water attraction possibly for 2001. And I could easily envision a Stealth arriving at PKI in the seasons following. ALL OF THIS IS STRICTLY A GUESS AND I HAVE NO FACTUAL INFO! I enjoy contemplating the great potential the park has.

> I hear of revitalization at PKI in 2001.
> Where and what?

I would not be at all suprised to see the main gates removed and replaced.

3. Is Americana opening for
> 2000?

I hope so! It would make a great addition to the URC trip.

Reason I ask is because I hear that
> company is trying to open it for this season
> (even though they don't have the money yet)

See my follow up post below.

> 4. Last question, where would PKI put their
> next thrill ride (coaster, water ride,
> etc...)

I personally would love to see the large gap of land near Rivertown accross from the Antiques (where the large pond is) receive an attraction. Who knows? But it's fun to speculate.

Shaggy

Re: PKI and Americana ?'s by O-High-O at 4/7/00 10:15:36 PM

I don't PKI would move to another gate for an entrance. It seems illogical to me. Mabye revitalize it, yes. Expand it, yes. Move it, no. The tradition of the fountains and the tower are too great to be ignored after the entrance. Where would they move the entrance, where Timberwolf is? I hope not, that would be a DISGRACE to PKI and the famous tower it holds. It just wouldn't be the same. My question, why would they want a new entrance anyway?

Re: PKI gates by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/8/00 12:33:31 AM

I think you may have mis-interpreted my post. I forsee them removing the current entrance and replacing it with a new more modern entrance. I doubt we will ever see the picturesque main entrance relocated.

My question, why would they want a
> new entrance anyway?

The restaraunt above is non-functional with exception for a few training session and banquets each season. There is a desperate need for more office space and technology has advanced so that new wiring needs make the dated cabling in the admission, group sales and season pass booths as well as the main gates and Guest Relations area insufficient.

Shaggy

Re: PKI gates by O-High-O at 4/8/00 12:57:43 PM

I am sorry I mis-understood you Shaggy. I understand what you're saying now. I think that is a good idea. I personally miss that International Restaurant. Good burgers. =)