Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Need Info. on SbNO PA Parks

Need Info. on SbNO PA Parks

/\ Blast Coaster

Posted:
4/6/00 at
8:40:14 PM

I'm may be in PA area tomorrow and since none of the operating parks will be open, I was wondering if you know any general info on some of the SbNO parks in southern PA. I know all of the parks in the area, but don't know any of the street addresses, condition of the parks, etc. The ones I'm mainly interested in are Carsonia Park, Dreamland Park, Fantasy Land, Forset Park, Highland Park, Mt. Gretna Park, Pendora Park, Penryn Park, Rocky Springs, Swatara Park, and White Rose Park.

Thanks and please respond ASAP!

COASTERnet 2000! (coasternet.danimation.com)

Re: Need Info. on SbNO PA Parks by rocketmover at 4/7/00 1:54:45 PM

> I'm may be in PA area tomorrow and since
> none of the operating parks will be open, I
> was wondering if you know any general info
> on some of the SbNO parks in southern PA. I
> know all of the parks in the area, but don't
> know any of the street addresses, condition
> of the parks, etc. The ones I'm mainly
> interested in are Carsonia Park, Dreamland
> Park, Fantasy Land, Forset Park, Highland
> Park, Mt. Gretna Park, Pendora Park, Penryn
> Park, Rocky Springs, Swatara Park, and White
> Rose Park. Thanks and please respond ASAP!

Guess this is too late for your purposes, but thought I would respond for your next trip. To my knowledge, the only visible remains of any of the above are Carsonia, Mt. Gretna and Swatara. The swimming pool at Carsonia is still there, much of the Swatara grounds survive with some tumbledown buildings, and Mt. Gretna's skating rink survives, along with portions of the park grounds. The carousel building stood until 3 or 4 years ago. Rocky Springs is now a retirement community and I really have no knowledge as to the rest. Three others that do have visible remains are Willow Mill near Mechanicsburg, Lakewood near Hometown (Schuylkill County) and PenMar on the Pa./Maryland line. PenMar is a community park with a great view and signs indicating where the amusements once stood. Oh yeah, another interesting site is Twin Grove near Pine Grove - most of the grounds still there, including arcade and carousel building and operating biker bar.