Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Land clearing near PKD?

Land clearing near PKD?

HurlingVolcano

Posted:
4/6/00 at
6:56:56 PM

Following this board, I've seen quite a few of you seem to have the inside dirt on PKD. I think it was Danny who mentioned that PKD owns some land on the other side of 95.

Driving past today, I noticed quite a bit of land clearing back there... any of you guys know if it has to do with PKD or not? I've heard the rumors about a Stealth copy, but was wondering where within the current park it could fit...

pkd does NOT own land on the other side of 95 by ginger at 4/7/00 2:31:52 AM

what good would that do them? parking? probably not.

Re: pkd does NOT own land on the other side of 95 by HurlingVolcano at 4/7/00 11:45:02 AM

> what good would that do them? parking?
> probably not.

If you read my original post, you'd see what good it could do them if the rumor is true-

>>I've heard the rumors about a Stealth copy, but >>was wondering where within the current park it >>could fit...

Re: pkd does NOT own land on the other side of 95 by ginger at 4/8/00 1:28:36 AM

theres NO way PKD would build a roller coaster on the other side of the park, across the highway. theres plenty of land in the park to put a roller coaster. PKD does some dumb stuff, but not this.

once again, they do not own any land across the interstate.

Re: pkd does NOT own land on the other side of 95 by Sam A. Marks at 4/10/00 12:26:57 PM

> once again,
> they do not own any land across the
> interstate.

Do you know this for a fact or are you saying this because it makes no sense to you for them to own the land?

For What it's Worth, I have heard from very reliable sources that they do indeed own property on the other side of 95, and the reasoning is to keep hotels and motels from popping up to capitalize on location, and possibly cause a loss of revenue to the campground and Motel/Hotel that is on the property

SAM

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

A system error occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.