Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Snow Day: PKI - 4/8

Snow Day: PKI - 4/8

Rocket Roger

Posted:
4/6/00 at
10:01:41 AM

The local weather forecast here in Cincinnati for "SOB preview day" is calling for a high near 40 degrees, and a good chance for rain, sleet and/or snow. Can you believe it? There must be some sort of curse on SOB, maybe it has something to do with that ancient Indian burial ground.... Hee-hee.

So, are there any other brave souls that I might run into at PKI this Saturday?

Rocket Roger

Re: Snow Day: PKI - 4/8 by Shaggy Shaggy Profile at 4/6/00 10:11:38 AM

Great minds think alike.

So you will be there Roger? Wow, maybe we can meet up. (Hee Hee)

I plan on being there no matter what the weather. Even if I have to wade through 3 feet of mud or snow on that construction tour, this is the chance of a lifetime!

I am hoping with every ounce of my being that we get to see a train drop. I know it's a long shot, but man would that be a great sight!

Shaggy

Re: Train drop by Rocket Roger at 4/6/00 11:23:07 AM

> I am hoping with every ounce of my being that
> we get to see a train drop. I know it's a
> long shot, but man would that be a great
> sight! Shaggy

I was going to say the same thing, but I was afraid I would "jinx" it.

Geez, when did I become so superstitious?

You don't think all the weather related problems that have plagued Sonny mean anything, do you? LOL!

Rocket Roger

Cold Day: PKI - 4/9 1999 by Kevin Reid at 4/6/00 12:37:51 PM

Can this weekend be any worst than last years weekend? We are waiting until June before we make the trek.(Does it snow in June?) But, I will be thinking of the other 2 founding fathers of PPS this weekend. This Friday marks the first anniversary of the inagrual meeting of PPS.(Kevin, Shaggy, & Rocket Roger or was it Cap N Zap then?) Just think it was the Canadain guy who introduced you two PKI guys to each other.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

PCW Junkies On Ride Photos of Fear

Anyone remember snow @ PCW by joe(PCW) at 4/6/00 12:53:02 PM

About 5 seasons ago I took a trip to PCW for the last weekend of operations. Boy was it a cold day, the temperature was just below zero with the wind. All of a sudden it starts snowing heavily. snow everywhere. All steel coasters except thunder run closed. All woodies remained open during this weather, aswell as flat rides. The park was empty but minebuster and wildbeast aswell as thunder run had long lineups cause there were no other coasters to ride. This left all flat rides empty. Just the weekend before this one Wonderland had a day of severe freezing rain that closed most of the rides in the park and the radio channels were saying the worst weather day in history for Canadas Wonderland. This was one bad October.

joe(PCW)

Thunder Run, is that new? (nm) by acer at 4/6/00 2:15:11 PM

> About 5 seasons ago I took a trip to PCW for
> the last weekend of operations. Boy was it a
> cold day, the temperature was just below
> zero with the wind. All of a sudden it
> starts snowing heavily. snow everywhere. All
> steel coasters except thunder run closed.
> All woodies remained open during this
> weather, aswell as flat rides. The park was
> empty but minebuster and wildbeast aswell as
> thunder run had long lineups cause there
> were no other coasters to ride. This left
> all flat rides empty. Just the weekend
> before this one Wonderland had a day of
> severe freezing rain that closed most of the
> rides in the park and the radio channels
> were saying the worst weather day in history
> for Canadas Wonderland. This was one bad
> October. joe(PCW)

Re: Train drop by acer at 4/6/00 2:19:45 PM

The acers will definately be there, no matter what the weather man has in store for us. I am bringing boots in case of mud and or snow and a trash bag to put them in, if they happen to get a little muddy.

acer

Re: Snow Day: PKI - 4/8 by coasterwoman1 at 4/6/00 6:04:42 PM

Yep, I am a-going. Hitting Kentucky Kingdom tomorrow first. Of course any time I don't go coastering it is sunny and when I do it isn't. See you there.

> The local weather forecast here in
> Cincinnati for "SOB preview day"
> is calling for a high near 40 degrees, and a
> good chance for rain, sleet and/or snow. Can
> you believe it? There must be some sort of
> curse on SOB, maybe it has something to do
> with that ancient Indian burial ground....
> Hee-hee. So, are there any other brave
> souls that I might run into at PKI this
> Saturday? Rocket Roger

Oh ya...We Called it the "SNOWTEX" that by Northrider at 4/6/00 9:31:25 PM

I do remember going one time in October, and seeing it start to snow while on the Vortex. I'm not sure if it was the same year you referred to in your post, but it was darn cold. They still had all the rides going though...I guess a little falling snow doesn't force the closure of steel coasters. Accumulation of ice on the other hand would.

Thunder Run @PCW. by joe(PCW) at 4/6/00 11:18:06 PM

Thunder Run is not new it opened in 1986. Its a run away mine train that goes through wonder mountain. It is complete with lighting affects, and a giant dragon sculpture inside. The train goes around twice. This ride is very popular for families and has extremely long lineups on busy days.

joe(PCW)

Re: Thunder Run @PCW. by acer at 4/7/00 1:37:45 AM

Sorry, I have not been to PCW since 1995 ad I had forgotten the name of that coaster, pretty bad since I have ridden it. Thanks for jogging my fuzzy memory.

acer