Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > CF:LP Big News Takes another turn

CF:LP Big News Takes another turn

Dustijn Hollon

Posted:
4/6/00 at
12:31:29 AM

In recent developments on RRC it seems that the Big Rumor...um News has gone in a new direction. It seems that (PERHAPS) that CF:LP will be buying the Universal Parks. Now I must admit that would be cool, but COME ON. I think the Knott's branded name is a little more believable. Or even the acquistion of Visionland.

Have a nice Day Dustijn

Re: CF:LP Big News Takes another turn by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/6/00 1:05:31 AM

No, but it may be another park chain. And one with a big opening also. Guessing here.

Ed

Count the dancing Snoopies... by CoastaPlaya at 4/6/00 10:00:59 AM

> No, but it may be another park chain. And
> one with a big opening also. Guessing here.
> Ed

...on Cedar Fair's home page.

There WASN'T a dancing Snoopy by CP's logo earlier this week. I'm almost sure it's a Knott's rebranding now.

Buying Universal? If CF had a BILLION dollars to toss around (approximate cost of USF alone), they would have bought Six Flags themselves. Don't think Boston Ventures didn't wave it by their noses before Premier took on some heavy leverage to buy them. CF doesn't have an appetite for debt -- or for the 70 - 100 million dollar rides that are Universal's trademark.

I might believe the chain acquisition story if their stock was trading high. But with it trading low, they're more a *target* for acquisition if anything. Or perhaps a strategic alliance of sorts with another chain.

But I'm near certain it's a rebranding. I just wonder why this would happen in May instead of last autumn, which would have given them more time to pitch the new identity to travel agents....but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

-CPlaya