Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coasters

What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coasters

Scott

Posted:
4/5/00 at
10:29:05 PM

What do you think are the BEST Rollar Coasters?? and the WORST roller coasters??

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by Schrecken Schrecken Profile at 4/5/00 10:58:12 PM

> What do you think are the BEST Rollar
> Coasters?? and the WORST roller coasters??

Well, the way I rank 'em is there are the absolute best in both categories, wood and steel. (I am of the opinion that comparing the two kinds against each other is like comparing a Chevrolet to a Harley-Davidson - you're talking two very different items that happen to serve much the same function) Then there are second, third best and so-on. Same with the stinkers - #1's and then runner-ups. Here's my list: First, let me list the parks I have attended, so you will know which coasters I have done. SFA, SFMM, BGW(haven't done AC), PKD(haven't done VBC), Hershey, SFMW(haven't done Medusa), PGA(haven't done Stealth yet), SCBB, KBF Steel #1 Goliath Other faves: Riddler's Revenge, B:TR, Viper, Alpengeist, Lochness, any Vekoma SLC and Invertigo

Wood #1 Ghostrider Other faves: Santa Cruz GD, Roar, Wild One, Hurler, Wildcat, Rebel Yell

Now for the stinkers: Steel: #1 Shockwave (PKD) the rest: Drachenfire, Windjammer Reasons - rough and painful to ride, mainly.

Wood: I don't think I've ever met a truly terrible woody, but here are a few that I wouldn't wait 2 minutes to ride: Colussus (the current version - I didn't experience it in its heyday)- just dull, Psyclone - uninspired, PGA's Grizzly - extremely rough Well, that's my thoughts on this.

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by Cal at 4/6/00 6:47:52 AM

My fave steelie is still Kumba, but I've got a lot of catching up to do - I still haven't been to IOA or ridden any of the floorless coastes and there's a few hypers I've not been on yet. I love Nemesis, S:TE, Olympia Looping and numerous others. As for wood, Shivering Timbers, Phoenix, MegaFobia, Texas Giant, Georgia Cyclone, Blackpool's wooden Wild Mouse, Tonnerre de Zeus, Zeus, Cyclops and Raven are all firm favourites.

On my bad list are (steelies) Gouderix (worse headbanging than I've experienced on anything , including sparring at my Thai boxing class, but I'd try it again to see if it improved) at Parc Asterix; Chang (we renamed it Bang - T2's back seat was way smoother than this), and Iron Wolf (I felt like I'd been whacked by Tyson). OL:FOF banged me up less than any of these rides. As for wood, Mean Streak was the biggest disappointment as it looks so good; Psyclone was like riding an pneumatic drill; Hercules - need I say more? - Raging Wolf Bobs - this was so bad it was actually funny - and Great White - I expected this to be brilliant, but it was horrible and I only managed two rides before I got a headache.

Cal

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by gerber at 4/6/00 10:22:48 AM

fav woodies

1. Raven 2. Shivering Timbers 3. Beast 4. GA Cyclone 5. Screaming Eagle, SFStL 6. Roar East 7. Wild One 8. Blue Streak 9-10. Twisted Sisters

fav Steel

1. Fire Dragon of Dueling Dragons 2. Volcano 3. Magnum 4. Alpengeist 5. Montu 6. Kumba 7. Raptor 8. Hulk 9. Ice Dragon of Dueling Dragons 10. Mantis

(I could go on and on)

least favs are Wolverine Wildcat, T2, OL:FOF, most of those arrow corkscrew coasters

funniest page on the net

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by rocketmover at 4/6/00 4:04:33 PM

Too many good ones to pick out best, but two candidates for worst would be Raging Wolf Bobs (in bad, bad need of re-tracking - only coaster I've ever ridden with square turns, and its all turns!!) and of course, Jercules (horrible ride but looks great)

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by Chip Wood at 4/6/00 5:55:17 PM

Too many good ones to pick out best, but two
> candidates for worst would be Raging Wolf
> Bobs (in bad, bad need of re-tracking - only
> coaster I've ever ridden with square turns,
> and its all turns!!) and of course, Jercules
> (horrible ride but looks great)

RWB could also use a fresh coat of paint to go along with that re-tracking. Now it doesn't just ride badly, it looks ridiculously rickety. Imagine what it will look like when compared to Batman Knight Flight- located RIGHT next to it.

Sheesh...

Chip

SFO: A Refreshing Look

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by TwinsGP at 4/6/00 11:02:07 PM

My best RC's are GASM and Superman:TE. My worst coaster is The West Coaster at Pacific Park, Venice Beach. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow and has absolutely no real suprises.

TwinsGP

Re: What are your BEST and WORST of Roller Coaster by Cal at 4/7/00 6:33:06 AM

> Too many good ones to pick out best, but two
> RWB could also use a fresh coat of paint to
> go along with that re-tracking. Now it
> doesn't just ride badly, it looks
> ridiculously rickety. Imagine what it will
> look like when compared to Batman Knight
> Flight- located RIGHT next to it. Sheesh...
> Chip

RWB is a terrible coaster. I really think they should get rid of it. It's not just the square turns and vibrations - the pacing is horrible as well. It feels like it's really not going to make it!

Cal