Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ad
Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Boss Opening Date Controversy

Boss Opening Date Controversy

Steve StL

Posted:
4/5/00 at
2:58:28 PM

There has been some conflicts around about when we can anticipate the Boss opening here in StL. I finally got a minute to call the admin offices and see what is up. They are expecting to open the Boss on April 21st! as long as the weather complies, which isn't an issue. We've had the mildest, dryest winter to date. In fact we are in a drought here. So anyway... there ya go. No more talk about May or Mid-May.

Steve

Re: Boss Opening Date Controversy by The Coaster Phreak at 4/5/00 5:00:53 PM

Hey,

I am not saying this to slam you, but they said, they are hoping. Personally, I would love it to have it done earlier. But, I really don't see it happening. I hope they can get it done, because don't they have to do atleast 2 weeks of testing day and night, or something like that? Anyone else know? I always thought wood coasters had to be tested for longer... Anyone else?

Greg

My Coaster Page

Re: Boss Opening Date Controversy by tomgreen77 at 4/5/00 7:14:47 PM

I leave about an hour away from SFSL and I can't wait for the Boss! Are you sure it'll be April 21?! I'm going to be there April 22.

Re: Boss Opening Date Controversy by Steve at 4/5/00 9:06:24 PM

> I leave about an hour away from SFSL and I
> can't wait for the Boss! Are you sure it'll
> be April 21?! I'm going to be there April
> 22.

I am not betting my life savings on it but I am rather certain it will be up and running. They have been working on it day and night and again the weather should not prevent any unforseen circumstances.

Steve

Re: Boss Opening Date Controversy by xander at 4/6/00 10:03:17 PM

All I'm saying is that I am an employee at the park. I received a newsletter on today in the mail. The opening date was listed as "Spring 2000". That's all. I have more training this weekend, and will post any new info. on the Boss. As of now, I still say it'll have a May opening. Just my honest opinion. The park has not released an official opening date...until they do, it's anyone's guess.