Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond

What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond

joe

Posted:
4/5/00 at
2:50:12 PM

i was thinking what PKD will get for next year. Im thinking it wont be the AFX Zone. I mean, when was the last time another park got one. And with the new coaster PP has seen, whats next for PKD.

and as the future, the park has an abundent of "first" coasters, what first, or new type of coaster will we see.

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/5/00 7:47:00 PM

> i was thinking what PKD will get for next
> year. Im thinking it wont be the AFX Zone. I
> mean, when was the last time another park
> got one. And with the new coaster PP has
> seen, whats next for PKD. and as the
> future, the park has an abundent of
> "first" coasters, what first, or
> new type of coaster will we see.

________

PKD won't get a Stealth, Top Gun, or SOB next year. It will be big, scary, feature inversions, AND have a vertical drop as well as being PKD's first coaster built by this company (hint, hint) --K

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by joe at 4/5/00 7:53:06 PM

its not gonna be that thrust air thing will it.

i heard that they might get a morgan hyper coaster.

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/6/00 2:00:42 AM

> its not gonna be that thrust air thing will
> it. i heard that they might get a morgan
> hyper coaster.

Nope, not a thrust air. Think of something you can do into a pool -- the answer is DIVE :) --K

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/6/00 2:41:46 AM

Nope, not a thrust air. Think of something you
> can do into a pool -- the answer is DIVE :)
> --K

Hymmm... I wonder if you'll be able to *dive* on PGA's next coaster as well...

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by Sam A. Marks at 4/6/00 7:32:58 AM

Nope, not a thrust air. Think of something you
> can do into a pool -- the answer is DIVE :)
> --K

Just what PKD needs another under a minute Coaster. with Volcano lasting 51 seconds from launch to brakes, I guess they don't have a short enough ride...... Oblivion is 15 seconds from release to brake. How long of a ride could we anticipate? 30 seconds?

well I'm sure it will be fun, all PKD's rides are fun. I just hope it's running properly when they open it, not 3 years later.

SAM

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/6/00 12:53:05 PM

> Nope, not a thrust air. Think of something
> you Just what PKD needs another under a
> minute Coaster. with Volcano lasting 51
> seconds from launch to brakes, I guess they
> don't have a short enough ride......
> Oblivion is 15 seconds from release to
> brake. How long of a ride could we
> anticipate? 30 seconds? well I'm sure it
> will be fun, all PKD's rides are fun. I just
> hope it's running properly when they open
> it, not 3 years later. SAM

_________

Sam, were talking about something extraordinary here. 5380 feet long with 3 inversions and 2 vertical UP faces as well as the initial vertical drop of 203 feet. --K

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by Johnny Mnemonic at 4/6/00 2:43:17 PM

_________ Sam, were talking about something
> extraordinary here. 5380 feet long with 3
> inversions and 2 vertical UP faces as well
> as the initial vertical drop of 203 feet.
> --K

Have you seen the blue prints for this coaster? Just wondering?

Re: What will PKD get for 2001 and beyond by Sam A. Marks at 4/6/00 3:25:52 PM

_________ Sam, were talking about something
> extraordinary here. 5380 feet long with 3
> inversions and 2 vertical UP faces as well
> as the initial vertical drop of 203 feet.
> --K

Why would PKD put something like that in? :)

SAM (excuse the drooling)

Volcano still dont work dude ..piece of poop..(nm) by idle at 4/6/00 11:31:02 PM

> Nope, not a thrust air. Think of something
> you Just what PKD needs another under a
> minute Coaster. with Volcano lasting 51
> seconds from launch to brakes, I guess they
> don't have a short enough ride......
> Oblivion is 15 seconds from release to
> brake. How long of a ride could we
> anticipate? 30 seconds? well I'm sure it
> will be fun, all PKD's rides are fun. I just
> hope it's running properly when they open
> it, not 3 years later. SAM