Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > SF Great Adventure - The Future?

SF Great Adventure - The Future?

JerzeyFreeze

Posted:
4/5/00 at
11:15:23 AM

Let's see, Premier has over 1500 acres of undeveloped property here. So what do you think the GRADV complex will be like in 10 years? Both positive and negative speculations are welcome.

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by DarkRideDan at 4/5/00 1:00:59 PM

Cool post.I am thinking the same thing.

Well IMHO,for the self proclaimed "super"park (thrill park)... a)once we have our linear-induction-ultra-twister-floorless-standup running throughout the southwestern village...coaster to be named Viper ;-0 ...

b)major revamps and restorations on our older attractions... a marriage of the thrill ride and theme park attraction which will be all the rage in this upcoming century (think Runaway Train meets The World Of Motion/Pirates of the Caribbean/the Great Movie Ride or Riptide meets Titanic!) or better yet think Werner Leroy

c)music of newly formed regions in the park (six--flags)based on the major nationalities of our region, and music from areas of our country's regions are performed (old world and top 40), costumes, food, elements, and even special effects developed by the new adventurering department take this park over from ride manufacturing companies, transforming it to an adventure/atmospheric park with excellent flat rides and theme "coaster" adventures

d) outdoor coasters will stretch around the midways of each land, nightclubs (country western for frontier adventures, modern dance club for gotham city?) individually owned theme restaurants and eateries and pavillions, correctly themed to each land appear, returning the atmosphere which was bleached white in the 80's and 90's...as with a slowed economy, parks take this step, having less money for coaster obsession and go theme and restoration crazy

e) the park becomes more patron friendly again with garden walks and free picnic pavillions, animal pavillions fetauring ...dolphins, fish, birds, etc...animals you can't drive by in the safari ;-)

f)minimal six flags and warner bro's merchandice...save them for the theme park ;-) the park becomes just as attractive to families and picnic go-ers as thrill ride hungry teens..and chillforce ;-)) rollercoaster-thrill rides have a great track ( for us thrill seekers) and an adventure track (for younger and older patrons who are more into a serene and gently ride)

g)Commercials invite the atmosphere and adventure of the park...another words no more bragging!

h)Great Adventure, (possibly again the name of the complex not the thrill park, receives it's own non-sixflags inspired logo (maybe the original from 1974)..that one's important to me the thrill park renamed...maybe the enchanted forest? (naw too campy) ;-)

I originally invisioned a water park placed inside a warner bros. themepark...balancing ticket sales when people prefer to be outside in the summer. the inside movie and television pavillions contain both epcot sytled story element attractions and thrill ride adventures, based on current and popular releases movie. again, the emphasis is on story (plots, emotions, human truimphs) elements (style), and special effects, not b&m, arrow, and intamin. the story of the beginnings of t.v., radio, movies, and even music are balanced with what ever that is on the radio and t.v. today ;-)

The safari gets lacquered up with scenery and elements, but those which won't block the view of the animals (disney doesn't mess up too often, this is just one small complaint)

How about a country walk or an area like a disney village? (city walk or downtown disney seems odd with NYC and Philly beating down our doors)..yup the outlet mall is..sorta a start.

Well glad i could get that off my chest. I'll see how much there is in the park this Saturday I guess.

> Let's see, Premier has over 1500 acres of
> undeveloped property here. So what do you
> think the GRADV complex will be like in 10
> years? Both positive and negative
> speculations are welcome.

Re: Not as built up as a couple of other SF parks. by KMAN KMAN Profile at 4/5/00 1:33:34 PM

Well, I think with all of that land Premier will obviously develop it, but I don't see SFGAdv getting as many additions in the near future as several other Six Flags parks. Here's why;

SFGRAdv is already firmly entrenched as the theme park to go to in the NYC/NJ area and has no direct competition. The nearest major theme parks are SFDL, SFA, and DP. Two of those are Premier parks so no real competition there - the money all ends up in the same place.

The parks that WILL get big overhauls are SFO and SFA. Think about where SFO is - it has Cedar Point, PKI, and Kennywood encircling it. That's the toughest group in the nation to compete for customers with. Premier's two main competetors are Paramount and Cedar Fair. As a "new park" the only way SFO can compete is to establish the coaster numbers and statistics of the other two established OH parks immediately. The days of "friendly relations" in Ohio are over. The reason: The economy WILL slow down. And when it does families might not have the money to visit several area/regional theme parks. They will probably choose one - and the GP will choose the one advertising the most rides, most coasters, and biggest statistics. I really see SFO adding multiple coasters again next year and the year after that to beef up its numbers and secure a large foothold of customers in the nations toughest market. Do not be surprised if SFO has 12+ coasters in two to three years.

For the same reason, look for SFA to pile up new coasters with SFA competing for customers with PKD and to a lesser extent BGW.

This leaves many parks out. Parks like SFGAm, SFEG, and yes, SFGRAdv don't have too much direct competition and are firmly entrenched as the choice of most people in their region. They will get new rides, but certainly not nearly as many as the parks trying to attract the most attention aong competitors when the economy slows down. This may make some say that their parks are being ignored, but Premier needs to keep people coming into markets that have intense competition. --K

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by Coaster Rob at 4/5/00 8:42:03 PM

Within the next 10 years.. i think g.a. will become atleast a 2 day visit park, if they keep building rides at the rate they do... there will be close to 20 roller coasters.. possibly 2 new themed areas.. maybe a ride or two taken out also.. but i think it will be the best six flags park in the country(originality wise)

Rob

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by HBK at 4/5/00 10:29:19 PM

In the future I see SF Great Adventure becoming the biggest theme park in the country the reason i am saying this is because of all of the land that it owns. Think about it other parks are soon going to run out of space to build. For example cedar point, they can't do much at all they are stuck on an island.

I see six flags great adventure buliding a huge hotel on there property. I also see them put a adventure park on the site with things like go-karts, golf and paint ball games. I also see them putting in some kind of transportation system like a monorail to get from park to park. I also think that the area sourounding six flags property is going the be heavely build up because as of now they barley have anything.

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/6/00 12:12:48 AM

Yes there are a lot of things planned but until the ink dries there are no deals. Until the hotel situation is cleared up, there is a problem. Jackson is growing at an alarming rate and yet the nearest Motel is 20 miles away in Bordentown.

Ed

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by Jersey Joe at 4/6/00 12:56:02 AM

> Yes there are a lot of things planned but
> until the ink dries there are no deals.
> Until the hotel situation is cleared up,
> there is a problem. Jackson is growing at an
> alarming rate and yet the nearest Motel is
> 20 miles away in Bordentown. Ed

Ed -- doesn't Freehold have any motels? If so, it's about 7.5 miles straight up that road and definitely closer then Bordentown.

Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe's Coaster Pages

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by Jersey Joe at 4/6/00 1:00:33 AM

Within the next 10 years.. i think g.a. will
> become atleast a 2 day visit park, if they
> keep building rides at the rate they do...
> there will be close to 20 roller coasters..
> possibly 2 new themed areas.. maybe a ride
> or two taken out also.. but i think it will
> be the best six flags park in the
> country(originality wise) Rob

Rob -- just one negative here, and that is, let's hope they stop with all the loopers. We could use a big woodie and a hyper before another looping coaster. Otherwise, I like what I've seen at the park in the past couple years.

Jersey Joe

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by chillforce chillforce Profile at 4/6/00 1:16:47 AM

Well very simply, everyone wants to go to Freehold, the rooms there are always booked. No one really wants to go to Bordentown. It s location to the turnpike is its saving grace LOL.

Ed

Re: SF Great Adventure - The Future? by Jersey Joe at 4/6/00 1:34:36 AM

> Well very simply, everyone wants to go to
> Freehold, the rooms there are always booked.
> No one really wants to go to Bordentown. It
> s location to the turnpike is its saving
> grace LOL. Ed

Now be nice about my hometown. It's a quant little place. Should be called Boringtown, but that's another issue. lol

Jersey Joe