Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Coaster "Article" From The Onion

Coaster "Article" From The Onion

beastmaster beastmaster Profile

Posted:
8/14/14 at
3:28:41 PM

I'd ride it. The kiddie coaster mentioned at the end sounds pretty appealing too...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/busch-gardens-unveils-new-9600milelong-endurance-c,36691/?utm_source=The+Onion&utm_campaign=2c34c6d6d4-The_Onion_Weekly_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6a8b5ad20e-2c34c6d6d4-16700309

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Coaster "Article" From The Onion by antikythera antikythera Profile at 8/14/14 4:46:39 PM
A buddy posted it on my wall. It got me thinking about how many miles we actually have trekked on any one coaster. I posed this question on the wooden coaster connoisseur Facebook page.

If you were to ride the Beast 100 times, you're already at ~139 miles, about the halfway point between Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion from my house. It doesn't seem like a lot but, in reality, that's a lot of miles trekked considering riding the beast that many times in a season wouldn't be that hard to do. Ride the Beast that many times each year since the ride's opening and you're talking about ~4878 miles. You've already crossed the COTUS and are making your way back.

Just an interesting and fun way to look at it, in conjunction to this article.

Re: Coaster "Article" From The Onion *NM* by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 8/15/14 8:25:13 AM
LMAO!