Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > the beast today

the beast today

mrd4u

Posted:
7/29/14 at
11:33:41 PM

Did anyone ride the beast today? Maybe it's my imagination but it seemed faster than usual.

Re: the beast today by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/29/14 11:55:25 PM
I didn't ride today, but it definitely has days when it's running better than others (and of course, some days worse). That's the charm of woodies.
The cool weather this week was bound to make it loosen up.
Re: the beast today by BIGSTEVE at 9/8/14 12:44:02 AM
I know this thread is dated, and I did not ride it that day, but I love the Beast. She will always be my favorite of all time. It saddens me every time I think about not being able to ride it anymore. Truly a great coaster.
Re: the beast today by mikesmail76 at 9/10/14 3:12:13 PM
I think it would be very cool if the Beast got "the treatment".

I've never ridden it, but I've watch a few front seat YouTubes of it.

Most of the hills look very straightish and there's hardly any banks.

Re: the beast today by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 9/10/14 3:30:51 PM
Maybe you should try riding it before you go suggesting it needs "treatment." The Beast is a great ride as it is, especially at night.
Re: the beast today by frontrow frontrow Profile at 9/10/14 8:43:28 PM
mikesmail76 said:

I think it would be very cool if the Beast got "the treatment".

I've never ridden it, but I've watch a few front seat YouTubes of it.

Most of the hills look very straightish and there's hardly any banks.

Watch all the YouTube videos you want. Look at every coaster poll. Read all the reviews about a certain coaster. You cannot form an opinion without actually riding that coaster. You must ride that coaster in order to feel the air time, the laterals, the sense of speed, the positive g forces, the aggressiveness, etc. The Beast barely makes my top 20. I don't hold it as highly as most enthusiasts, but the sense of speed and the enclosed double helix keep it in my top 20 favorite wooden coasters. This actually has nothing to do with my opinion about The Beast. I can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed or extremely impressed with a coaster. There are even kiddie coasters, like the one at LaRonde that actually very good. You have to get out and rides a coaster, before you can make a statement like you did. You never know, when you ride The Beast, it may be one of your favorite coasters, or you may not like it. You'll have to ride it, then judge it for yourself.

Re: the beast today by NotSo NotSo Profile at 9/10/14 9:41:18 PM
Very well said frontrow. In fact sometimes it takes multiple rides before you realize you really like the ride. Bottom line mikesmail, get out and ride. YouTube is nice to dream and pretend, but it can't be used to determine the effect a ride actually gives.

* This post was modified at 9/10/14 9:47:42 PM *