Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > KingJames, CP lol

KingJames, CP lol

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
7/9/14 at
7:42:07 PM

From Cedar Point:

Hey @KingJames - come back to the @cavs and we'll rename one of our coasters, "King James!" Ball in your court, sir. RT, #Ohio!
about an hour ago

Do you think they would really do that? I don't. But I do know, the Cavs odds in Vegas to win the Finals just went from 150-1 to about 3-1.

* This post was modified at 7/9/14 7:43:30 PM *

Re: KingJames, CP lol by RobLec RobLec Profile at 7/9/14 11:35:33 PM
NotSo said:

From Cedar Point:

Hey @KingJames - come back to the @cavs and we'll rename one of our coasters, "King James!"

Do you think they would really do that?

Well, that might sound better than "Cedar Creek Mine Ride"

Re: KingJames, CP lol by drachen drachen Profile at 7/10/14 12:04:57 AM
Someone on Facebook commented that whichever one they picked "It'll break down if it gets above 90 degrees".

Boom.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: KingJames, CP lol by NotSo NotSo Profile at 7/14/14 7:43:51 PM
King James presents Top Thrill Dragster? Only guessing. Sounds like they are doing something though after all the legal stuff. Whats weird is that I don't think James can even ride many coasters because he is over the 6ft 6in height limit (6'8").

And wow, who would have ever thought James leaving was the best thing that could have happened to The Cavs? They would have never been in the great position they are in with the players they have if he didn't leave. "Love" it.

* This post was modified at 7/14/14 7:48:51 PM *

Re: KingJames, CP lol by JMiller at 7/15/14 1:03:59 PM
NotSo said:

King James presents Top Thrill Dragster? Only guessing. Sounds like they are doing something though after all the legal stuff. Whats weird is that I don't think James can even ride many coasters because he is over the 6ft 6in height limit (6'8").

And wow, who would have ever thought James leaving was the best thing that could have happened to The Cavs? They would have never been in the great position they are in with the players they have if he didn't leave. "Love" it.

Cedar Point presents, King James: The Big Shot! the tallest free-throw shot ever made has appeared at Cedar Point for their 2015 season! Step into the skin of a basketball as the strong arm of King James (really, a hydraulic motor) propels you over 400 feet into the tales basketball hoop ever made, then enjoy the trip down and back to center court! The ultimate game-winning free throw, coming next spring, and only at Cedar Point!

heh....it does seem a bit drastic to rename a coaster after a basketball player, even if it is Lebron James....but I can see how the park could have a bit of fun with this, using it as an excuse to build the world's tallest basketball hoop and break a world record...:)

Re: KingJames, CP lol by Cyclone_Phil Cyclone_Phil Profile at 7/16/14 12:50:03 AM
Lol, that is a funny idea if they were to do that. I was thinking they could add a 'hoop' at some point with the train as the ball. But anyway as a guy from ny, i am happy to see the egg on pat riley's face seeing james leave. I won't shed a tear for miami and their bandwagon fans. For james, this was the smart thing because wade is old and the cavs have younger guys that could probably help him more in a few years. Overall i guess it is good for Cleveland as god knows they need a winning team in the worst way possible.