Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Holiday World 2015

Holiday World 2015

coastinj coastinj Profile

Posted:
5/19/14 at
2:58:06 AM

While looking it over I got to thinking. They have a ride called the Voyage themed after the treacherous trip to America, Plymouth Rock cafe, the Mayflower, and turkey whirl. Well the park is clearing trees and giving hints.

2015 Rolls closer

&

Loose lips sink ships

Wouldn't it be interesting to have the new ride be named Speedwell to coincide with the ship that the pilgrims couldn't repair and took on water twice so they had to abandon it and use just the mayflower.

Rumors are for wood and some for steel. I personally would love to see something like blue fire or helix. Totally unique and would put HW on the map.

Hopefully they will spill the beans today.

Re: Holiday World 2015 by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 5/19/14 4:24:36 AM
Holiday World's teaser campaign kicked off last night with www.holidayworld.com/66days/ going live. I saw it for the first time around 11:50 pm EDT.

Over the past few hours, I've figured out that 66 days from 5/19/14 is 7/24/14... Sounds like Holiday World will have a special announcement just in time for Christmas in July.

Day 1's clue reads: "At last the day is here. After years of planning, we depart for the New World. The children can barely contain their excitement. I tell them they must be patient. And so must I."

It'll be interesting to see what Holiday World has up their sleeves in 2015.

Re: Holiday World 2015 by mugen828 mugen828 Profile at 5/19/14 4:24:56 PM
"New World" sounds like they may finally be building a Steel Coaster!

* This post was modified at 5/21/14 4:39:29 PM *

- mugen828
157 Coasters -- Favorite Coaster -- Nitro (SFGAdv)
117 Steel -- 40 Wood -- Home Park: SFGADv
Re: Holiday World 2015 by chitlins73 chitlins73 Profile at 5/19/14 10:11:31 PM
This teasing drives me crazy!! I sorta knew that it would be too soon for them to make the announcement today with very little hype. Now we all have 66 days to speculate and go crazy trying to figure these clues out!!! Good luck!
Dion
Re: Holiday World 2015 by JMiller at 5/22/14 3:37:41 PM
Here's a clue. It's not from the park but it does come from someone who's "in the know".

"At around 2:30 PM yesterday, Mr. Davis Loren and his wife, who both oversee a small construction site near the Holiday World theme park in Santa Claus, Indiana, reported to the police that a few items had been stolen during the couple's lunch break. In addition, the thieves left behind a very unusual piece of evidence: a poster handing on a wall in the semi-completed house which contained a periodic table had the table cut out, and on the wall next to the defaced poster was written a series of numbers, as follows: 37-42-6. This is the only clue police currently have concerning this crime. If anyone has an idea as to what this might mean, or who may be responsible for the incident, they are asked to call [phone number excised]."

From The Indianapolis Tribune

I have no idea what this has to do with HW (or anything related to roller coasters or amusement rides for that matter), but my guy tells me it's important and that it contains a "definitive answer as to what's going in there in 2015".

Re: Holiday World 2015 by kdleader kdleader Profile at 5/24/14 11:32:19 AM
JMiller said:

"defaced poster was written a series of numbers, as follows: 37-42-6."

I have no idea what this has to do with HW (or anything related to roller coasters or amusement rides for that matter), but my guy tells me it's important and that it contains a "definitive answer as to what's going in there in 2015".

The numbers may correspond to the elements on the periodic table....37=Rb 42=Mo 6=C. Put them together and it's RbMoC. Still not much but I do see a B, M, and C. B&M Coaster?

Re: Holiday World 2015 by RobLec RobLec Profile at 5/24/14 12:44:32 PM
kdleader said:
The numbers may correspond to the elements on the periodic table....37=Rb 42=Mo 6=C. Put them together and it's RbMoC. Still not much but I do see a B, M, and C. B&M Coaster?

No doubt Boron and Magnesium might have worked better, but C for carbon (6) is right on.

Re: Holiday World 2015 by drachen drachen Profile at 5/24/14 2:27:47 PM
kdleader said:

RbMoC? Take the B away... RMoC... Rockey Mountain Construction?

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Holiday World 2015 by SirWillow SirWillow Profile at 5/26/14 9:23:51 PM
mugen828 said:

"New World" sounds like they may finally be building a Steel Coaster!

I'd say that it's far more likely that it's a hint that it's going in the Thanksgiving section of the park.