Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > WoF's Boomerang catches Wal*Mart fever

WoF's Boomerang catches Wal*Mart fever

Dustijn Hollon

Posted:
4/4/00 at
11:20:24 PM

Like a bad Wal*Mart commercial, WoF's new Boomerang had a ROLL BACK on April 2nd, only 6 days before opening day. It rolled back after the third inversion or the corkscrew. The train was stuck there for two days. Pretty promising huh? Not even open to the public and we already have roll backs. I guess we better get used to waiting…. And waiting….

:)

Dustijn Hollon *WoFFA member since '98*

Re: WoF's Boomerang catches Wal*Mart fever by Brad Brad Profile at 4/4/00 11:30:22 PM

> Like a bad Wal*Mart commercial, WoF's new
> Boomerang had a ROLL BACK on April 2nd, only
> 6 days before opening day. It rolled back
> after the third inversion or the corkscrew.
> The train was stuck there for two days.
> Pretty promising huh? Not even open to the
> public and we already have roll backs. I
> guess we better get used to waiting….
> And waiting…. :) Dustijn Hollon
> *WoFFA member since '98*

I must say that as an employee of Wal-Mart, I found your message very amusing!! And, are you saying that those Wal-Mart commercials are bad? Well, I take offense to that personally! Just kidding!! I'm not a career Wal-Mart employee, it's just getting me through College! Pardon me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 3rd inversion on a Boomerange a vertical loop?? I could be wrong! ONLY 16 MORE DAYS UNTIL I RIDE THE BOSS!!!

Brad P.S. Always low prices...Always Wal-Mart!

Re: WoF's Boomerang catches Wal*Mart fever by Dustijn Hollon at 4/5/00 9:27:19 AM

Well I thought I could get away with mocking Wal*Mart since I work at store #189. And no I don't like the dumb commercial. Head em up Move em out ROLL BACK!

Always Wal*Mart *GAG*

Dustijn (4-star cashier)

Re: That's saying something Dustjin by sparky sparky Profile at 4/5/00 9:31:04 AM

I must say that as an employee of Wal-Mart, I
> found your message very amusing!! And, are
> you saying that those Wal-Mart commercials
> are bad? Well, I take offense to that
> personally! Just kidding!! I'm not a career
> Wal-Mart employee, it's just getting me
> through College! Pardon me if I'm wrong, but
> isn't the 3rd inversion on a Boomerange a
> vertical loop?? I could be wrong! ONLY 16
> MORE DAYS UNTIL I RIDE THE BOSS!!! Brad
> P.S. Always low prices...Always Wal-Mart!

Perhaps even the ride knows it shouldn't be there? Is it a new coaster? Yes. Will I ride it this weekend? Yes. Could CF have chosen a MUCH better custom designed woodie for approximatly the same price? Yes.

Rollbacks happen on booms all the time...no biggie. See you in line on Saturday for the midwest's only forward/backward coaster (according to a park GM that doesn't seem to know a park 300 miles east in Eureka exists).

-sparky