Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Quassy vs Beech Bend NCAA Hoop Wager

Quassy vs Beech Bend NCAA Hoop Wager

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
5/6/14 at
12:18:24 PM

In the 2014 Basketball Championship, The University of Kentucky Wildcats played the University of Connecticut Huskies.

The two family parks Quassy, and Beech Bend made a wager to their obvious allegiances. Whoever team won (Wildcats or Huskies) the teams championship flag would be flown atop the rivals wooden coaster (Wooden Warrior or Kentucky Rumbler) Of course Uconn won the championship, so the KY Rumbler will be sporting the Huskies flag.

Haha, that's some funny stuff. I reckon that the Bluegrass State folk aren't gonna appreciate some damn yankee flag atop their coaster. That was a fun bet. :)

www.amusementtoday.com/2014/04/30/making-good-on-a-wager/

* This post was modified at 5/6/14 12:20:45 PM *

Re: Quassy vs Beech Bend NCAA Hoop Wager by beastmaster beastmaster Profile at 5/6/14 12:50:11 PM
That's pretty neat. Better than the standard mayoral bets for various pro sports championships. Good stuff, Chris. And I love both of those rides, although I haven't been on the Rumbler since 2007.

Mike

The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist...
Re: Quassy vs Beech Bend NCAA Hoop Wager by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 5/14/14 8:27:35 PM
Here's a pic atop the Kentucky Rumbler with UConn flag along side the stars & stripes. :)

www.amusementtoday.com/2014/05/14/high-roller-wager-settled/