Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI?

Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI?

RobLec RobLec Profile

Posted:
4/15/14 at
3:49:49 PM

Found this while cleaning out my mailbox:

---------

Ultimate Rollercoaster Group Gathering
At
Paramount's Kings Island
Saturday, June 3, 2000

URC PKI Event Registration Information/Form

Advance registration and payment for this event is required to participate.
All registrations and payments must be received by May 1, 2000.

Price

The price for the event is $15.00 per person and includes admission to the park.

How To Register

You may register for this event two different ways.

1. You may email us your registration by completing the questions to the form below and sending it to < > Once we receive your registration we will send you an email and a request for your payment.

2. Click here to open this page in a new window to print this registration form.
Then complete the form and mail it to:

Ultimate Rollercoaster
Attn: Eric Gieszl
Xxxxxxx Xxxx, CA

How To Pay

You may mail your payment along with your registration or send it seperately.
We will accept personal checks and money orders made payable to Eric Gieszl for this event.

You may also pay using your credit card through PayPal.com. Using this service MAIL a check for the correct amount to the address noted above. DO NOT email your payment. The GOOD news about using PayPal is you will receive a cash bonus of $5 for simply signing up, so the day will only cost you $10.

Cancelations / Refunds

You may cancel through email to receive a refund so long as you do so
on or before May 1, 2000. Refunds after May 1, 2000 will NOT BE GUARANTEED, in other words your payment may be forfeited.

Registration/Payment Confirmation

Once we receive your registration and or payment we will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provide.

URC June 3, 2000 PKI Event Registration Form

Names (First and Last) and Ages of those participating:

Address (Street, City, State, Zip, Country):

Email Address (Important):

Total Number of Participants:

Payment in the amount ($15 per person):

[ ] Check/Money Order Enclosed
[ ] PayPal.com Service
[ ] Pay Later (Must be received on or before May 1, 2000)

Have you been to Paramount's Kings Island before? [ ] Yes [ ] No

How long have you used Ultimate Rollercoaster.com? (Years)

How often do you visit Ultimate Rollercoaster.com?

What is your user name on the site?

How did you hear about this event?

Are you a member of any coaster clubs (please list)?

Questions or Comments?

I understand that I must cancel through email on or before May 1, 2000 to receive a refund.

Signature:

Return To Events Page

Copyright 1996-00 ©Ultimate Rollercoaster. All rights reserved.
Questions or comments, contact us.

---------

BTW this was how I originally got signed up for PayPal!

Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by Eric_Gieszl Eric_Gieszl Profile at 4/15/14 4:33:42 PM
Nice! That is a great reminder.

-Eric

--
Eric
Ultimate Rollercoaster Moderator
Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by NotSo NotSo Profile at 4/15/14 9:11:59 PM
I do remember wanting to go to that. But I was working everyday back then and couldn't make it.
Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by Patripman Patripman Profile at 4/16/14 8:12:52 AM
I have the picture of everyone standing in front of the fountains at PKI. I will post it once I get into my stack of pics. Also the best part of that trip was when they stopped the Racer because a certain person ED decided to not secure his lap bar past 1 click, Great fun.

Patripman

Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/16/14 8:32:28 AM
Patripman said:
they stopped the Racer because a certain person ED decided to not secure his lap bar past 1 click, Great fun.

"Now you will pay!" :P

Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by Great_Ump Great_Ump Profile at 4/23/14 9:42:49 AM
Yes... the PKI event in 2000 was a great event.

I was sitting next to Ed when the ride op walked up the lift to staple him into the seat.

The ERT on Beast was epic.

My first Skycoaster ride and it was with Eric G. and Flareman.

Joe
Great_Ump

Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/23/14 11:29:05 AM
Great_Ump said:

Yes... the PKI event in 2000 was a great event.

The ERT on Beast was epic.

Yup... lights out and FLYING!

Earlier that evening, I spotted an entire family wearing red Paramount jackets... it was the Reid's, whom I'd never met before.

Leaving the park after midnight in the dark was creapy... a first for me that night, but something I would do routinely five years later as a park employee.

Some of the best memories of my lifetime.

Re: Hey Oldtimers... remember URC-II @ PKI? by AirBear AirBear Profile at 5/3/14 2:10:14 AM
Wow, what a blast from the past. URC-2 at Kings Island was indeed a fun event. I do recall the Beast ERT being particularly insane - what great night rides those were! Didn't care much about SOB being down for the count with the way the Beast was flying.

The URC-2 event was the culmination of a great week-long trip for us that included visits to Lakemont, Idlewild, Kennywood, Six Flags Ohio (or whatever it was called then), Cedar Point, and finally the URC event. Good times!

Rick