Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Worried about Banshee

Worried about Banshee

NotSo NotSo Profile

Posted:
4/10/14 at
11:14:03 PM

The ride looks really cool, but i'm worried about the restraints. If they are anything like Gatekeeper it could be a very uncomfortable, movement restricting, body suffocating ride. Gatekeeper has hardly any forces, yet the restraints lock you down so you can barely breath. Banshee looks way more intense, and if the restraints are not comfortable... fingers crossed they get it right..

Re: Worried about Banshee by drachen drachen Profile at 4/10/14 11:22:20 PM
NotSo said:

The ride looks really cool, but i'm worried about the restraints. If they are anything like Gatekeeper it could be a very uncomfortable, movement restricting, body suffocating ride. Gatekeeper has hardly any forces, yet the restraints lock you down so you can barely breath. Banshee looks way more intense, and if the restraints are not comfortable... fingers crossed they get it right..

I'm under the impression that GateKeeper's restraints were fixed so that they didn't compress down on you throughout the ride.

If that is the case, I can't imagine that Banshee's will be any different. The compressing of the restraint was the only thing I didn't like about GateKeeper - which does pull some heavy G's in a few spots.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Worried about Banshee by coastinj coastinj Profile at 4/11/14 2:21:41 AM
Well I'll let you know when I'm at the media event as to my impression of the ride.
Re: Worried about Banshee by RobLec RobLec Profile at 4/11/14 8:50:52 AM
I don't remember there being anything uncomfortable about the restraints on Gatekeeper, but I am a bit concerned about the weather on the morning of media day. It will be in the 30's overnight and the event starts around 6AM. At least the long range forecast calls for sunshine that day.
Re: Worried about Banshee by Katie Katie Profile at 4/11/14 9:25:27 AM
We rode Gatekeeper in September and I didn't have the locking down that people complained about.

I too will be at media day and will let you know! I'm female, so they would lock on me first before you guys! Just sayin.

-Katie