Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Carowinds is getting the Cedar Point front entry treatment

Carowinds is getting the Cedar Point front entry treatment

Capler

Posted:
4/10/14 at
12:30:17 PM

I'm not going to re-post the plans but you can go over to Carowinds Connections and look at some to the site plans someone posted last night. The plans are for the parking toll plaza but they include part of the coaster that will interact with the front the park.

Some of the highlights seen in the plans are...

The entry road has been moved outward and a new parking toll plaza will be constructed.

The new coaster will circle around to the front of the park where the current road/parking plaza is located.

After the turn-around, the coaster will dive into a tunnel either in front of or beneath the park entrance.

There has been no confirmation on the type of coaster this will be but the popular rumor suggest it will be a 310ft B&M.

http://carowindsconnection.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Re: Carowinds is getting the Cedar Point front entry treatment by drachen drachen Profile at 4/10/14 5:53:34 PM
Thanks for sharing!

It's nice to see some plans, and I love that they're all marked "Approved".

Carowinds is one of the few large parks I've never been to. Next year will be the year.

drachen
Coaster to Park Ratio: 4.90 / Steel to Wooden Ratio: 2.55 / Wooden Coaster Percentage: 28.2%
Find me on Facebook... Search Park Connoisseur
Re: Carowinds is getting the Cedar Point front entry treatment by KevinReid KevinReid Profile at 4/25/14 11:25:54 AM
I did a double take on the date for this post. First thought it from 2002. Hello Robert.

Regards,
Kevin Reid