Members, Sign In. Not a member? Sign Up

Ultimate Rollercoaster

Ultimate Rollercoaster > Discussion Forums > Roller Coasters, Parks & Attractions > Mt Olympus's Opa to be Removed

Mt Olympus's Opa to be Removed

Overbanked Overbanked Profile

Posted:
4/2/14 at
10:03:29 PM

Following the accident when a man (Tony Theisen) fell from Mt Olympus's indoor spinning wild mouse Opa, the park decided to completely remove the coaster. They did a safety test after the accident with sandbags simulating Tony's weight, and the lapbars popped open. Last check is that Theisen is in an induced coma.

www.channel3000.com/news/man-who-fell-from-roller-coaster-remains-in-induced-coma/25201108

www.amusementtoday.com/2014/04/02/mt-olympus-water-theme-parks-to-permanently-close-and-remove-opa-indoor-roller-coaster/

* This post was modified at 4/2/14 10:12:22 PM *

Re: Mt Olympus's Opa to be Removed by ray_p ray_p Profile at 4/4/14 3:35:53 PM
According to Wade Shows website, the traveling company has purchased Opa. The ride will be racked and given a new lighting package.

That didn't take long!

Wade Shows website

Re: Mt Olympus's Opa to be Removed by Overbanked Overbanked Profile at 4/6/14 12:46:08 AM
^^^Quick indeed. I got my ride (luckily safely) on Opa back in 2012. The only way I'll ride again, if maybe I'm secured with ratchet straps.